OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

15 minutes ago, 45acp said:

If you have Evinrude gauges, not sure if it works the same with aftermarket stuff, or anything pre-ETEC for that matter... when you turn the key to the run position, but before you crank it - watch the tach needle - it will jump up to somewhere and stop - whatever rpm reading the tach needle lands on - that's close to the number of hours on your EMM.

My boat mech told me about that when I had it in for servicing over the winter.

I have a rude tach and it goes through the cycle of oil, heat, whatever before you actually start it.  I'll have to look.  Thanks!!

Well that's one that I never heard before!

They have a high dollar ICON tach available that displays "key on" time, but the circuit that runs the analog needle on a "system check" tach is completely isolated from the EMM.....so I'd have to see that work to believe it. 

4 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Well that's one that I never heard before!

They have a high dollar ICON tach available that displays "key on" time, but the circuit that runs the analog needle on a "system check" tach is completely isolated from the EMM.....so I'd have to see that work to believe it. 

I'll look when I get home and stage it up for tomorrow.

1 minute ago, 45acp said:

It's very possible that my boat mech is full of bull puckey.  Not that boat mechs are known for that.  lol

I think maybe he is a Suzuki guy, and  thinks Evinrude's do what Suzuki's do.  

I believe there is a Suzuki 4S that does that.....but I wouldn't know because I don't work on them.  

It's useless $#!t like that, that make outboards cost more than they should.

😅

I told my engineer daughter that if I ever caught her designing anything that has no useful purpose other than to over-complicate things.....I would disown her and break her favorite plate.

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

I think maybe he is a Suzuki guy, and  thinks Evinrude's do what Suzuki's do.  

Honestly couldn't tell you his specialty.  He was the main dude at Putnam's in Columbia when they were in business.