OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneshot

50%

2 hours ago, oneshot 1 said:

I know bad but most Animals and Fish have Parasites. Just have to know what you are looking at, clean and cook well.

oneshot

Since you don't read the cooking forum how does this look to you? 

thumbnail_0629201221.jpg

thumbnail_0629201221.jpg

6 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Since you don't read the cooking forum how does this look to you? 

thumbnail_0629201221.jpg

thumbnail_0629201221.jpg

Didn't have a Freezer for years so Cured, Fresh or Canned.

Like I was just telling my wife remember when I would gut Rabbits, let them freeze in the Shed with Skin on?

oneshot

Never really see many of them, but run across one every once in a while.  Toss them, but kinda disappointing when you pick one up and see them on them.  Surely put them out of their misery.  They hit deer and rabbits and other mammals too.  Don't see them much in rabbits, cycle only happens in the warm season.  Fly lays egg, makes a maggot, then morphs out into new fly.

20 minutes ago, jdmidwest said:

Never really see many of them, but run across one every once in a while.  Toss them, but kinda disappointing when you pick one up and see them on them.  Surely put them out of their misery.  They hit deer and rabbits and other mammals too.  Don't see them much in rabbits, cycle only happens in the warm season.  Fly lays egg, makes a maggot, then morphs out into new fly.

Yes but I have seen them in November and December. Hunting strip pits. Not sure if they were host to the larva to carry them through the winter or not.

Don't know, never really rabbit hunted that much.  Maybe so.  Squirrels were always Aug or Sept.  Never seemed to see it in the winter.

Have seen them on deer, and a dog.  I think there was one on the bum that stayed on the duck lake years ago, his jaw was swelled up with something.  If I could only find the pic of him.