OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

31 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Hammerheads and their kin are just a cool fish. Closest I came to catching one was my brother landing a small bonnethead shark.

I would love to catch one. I chased some a couple of years ago with a fly rod but never hooked up. They were maybe 30" fish. 

47 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

I would love to catch one. I chased some a couple of years ago with a fly rod but never hooked up. They were maybe 30" fish. 

Same with me.  I chased around a flat in the Bahamas but he wouldn't bite.  He would stalk the fly for a while but never commit.  Caught a barracuda while chasing it though.

1 hour ago, Flysmallie said:

Brought home some fat hammerhead steaks from a trip in the gulf. I didn't catch it but it was a 7 footer and had plenty to go around. I grilled them and they were delicious. 

Always wondered how shark tastes. I love ocean fish...

This thread was titled Fizzing but no one has described dooing it. 🤔 Anyway I was watching a saltwater fishing show and they had an interesting solution. They placed the fish on a weighted line which they would drop down andwhen it got to the proper depth it would release the fish.

OK... go that cleaned up.

I guess I need to warn you guys... you keep dragging conversations to the gutter.

I'm going to start closing memberships here.  I've only done it a couple of times and it was with people who were only here to cause trouble from the beginning... not long time members.

These are trying times... for everyone.  I can't be on the forum right now - we have had 4 go down sick on staff with 2 others gone.  Marsha and I are bearly keeping up.  Not asking for sympathy... we are so, so blessed.  But I can't keep up with this nonsense.  It really shouldn't be happening.

30 minutes ago, ness said:

I know @ColdWaterFshr very well. He didn't become an #$%hole until very recently :D 

He's fine!   

Doing great!  Just a little upset about where the country is heading.  

What I don't understand is how anybody can know where it's headed.  Did anyone know, 5 years ago, we'd be where we are now?      

Dissatisfaction is, I believe, a perception flaw.   I once was severely heart broken and thought the rest of my life was going to be a storm of misery.   But I wouldn't go back to where I was before that for a million bucks.