Ending to a rough week

Well this report is a little late but I managed to sneak out for a short trip on Sunday afternoon...normally I don't ask to go when the wife has the kids to herself but I told her I was going and didn't ask. It had been one of the roughest weeks I can remember in a long time and I needed to go fishing.

It started last Sunday with my very first Kidney stone...kicked my butt for the better part of 3 days and then took another day for the meds to wear off...that wrapped up in time for me to find I had made a HUGE mistake at work on my first project with my new company...luckily I work for a great company and a major disaster was avoided... but after you add all of that with the continued Covid stress I was at my wit's end and I don't ever get like that..

I got down around 4:30 and fished til 7:30. I tied on a brand new white Shadow Rap and threw it for about 10 casts when all of the sudden I was twitching it in and it simply fell off my line...I say that because my entire loop knot came back in completely in tact...the only explanation I can think of was that the line worked it self into the o ring and with the side to side action it worked itself all the way around and off...bummer there went $10.

Threw a bunch of different stuff but I just don't seem to know what I'm doing when they are running 4 units. I did manage 1 pretty smallmouth on the black and Silver Shadow Rap and missed probably 3 or 4 swipes on the little Lilley's 762 signature series in French Pearl...what a great little bait that is! Has a great wobble even when retrieved slow and gets down 4-5 feet and suspends well. Super paint jobs too! 

I noticed while I was there this time that the water seemed extra clear...i spotted a nice walleye probably 30 feet away and 7 or 8 feet down and could see its coloring like I was at the aquarium...could have been part of the reason it was tough to get bit too..

A good relaxing trip but man I'm getting Corona-fatigue.  I have a bass fishing trip to MN planned in a few weeks so maybe that'll help.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

I have no idea what you drive, what your financial situation is etc but if your that close to Taney you really should save up and buy a boat if you can.  If you look hard you could find a perfect Taney boat for $2500. Something 16 to 17 ft long with a 25 to 75 hp motor would serve you perfect there and you could see a ton more lake and fish all the conditions she likes to throw at us.  Hope your week gets better man! 

• Root Admin

The water has really cleared up the last 10 days.  It's taken all summer to clear - it's usually clear by May.  Water temp is 55-56 and the last DO reading was 6.2 ppm at the dock.  High temp and low DO for July.  Sign of things to come I'm afraid.  Might be a tough water quality fall season for Taney.

I'm due to do a fishing report soon.  It's all about the same.

I helped clean 4 rainbows caught off our dock this morning.  3 of 4 were packed full of sow bugs - some still alive.  Some scuds too.  That's nuts.  They were 13-15 inch rainbows too, nice ones.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Tyler buddy glad you made it down. Just remember to breathe and don't sweat the work stress. I know easier said than done. 

4 units can be tough as you're very limited to where you can get in to fish... 

I'm about due for another trip down so I'll hit ya up after I get back from hog hunting next week.

Most important question though,  did the peanut go in water?  We got rules to our madness man!   :)

7 hours ago, JestersHK said:

Tyler buddy glad you made it down. Just remember to breathe and don't sweat the work stress. I know easier said than done. 

4 units can be tough as you're very limited to where you can get in to fish... 

I'm about due for another trip down so I'll hit ya up after I get back from hog hunting next week.

Most important question though,  did the peanut go in water?  We got rules to our madness man!   :)

I knew I was forgetting something! The peanut wouldve fixed it.