New to page.Need help with boat questions.

The trouble with boats is everyone does things a little different and does not leave a schematic to follow.  I went to Tracker looking for a simple wiring diagram for a mass produced boat. The service tech stated "Man, that would make things easier if they factory would do that!!!"  But they don't.

Pumps are probably in back below waterline to draw water. May be under tanks and batteries.  Probably buried deep

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Wiring really sucks, especially without a wiring/color diagram and when it's buried deep  in a loom inside something.  I'd check all the grounds before anything, but I'm not sure how boats ground themselves.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Livewell and bilge pumps are a very simple circuit.  Unless a person or a critter has hacked around with the wiring then it is either a bad switch, blown fuse/tripped breaker,  or a bad pump.  

A simple test light is all you need to find out which.  If you don't understand how a test light works..... it's best that you just not attempt the repair at all until you learn that first.  

Boat wiring is simple....Used to do swaptronics, and chase wires on military aircraft. One box might have 4-5 100 pin cannon plugs on it including 3 phases of a/c power. Check power to the devices and the the grounds, then replace the bad components. Aircraft have fault codes, not sure if boats do, but it is old tech. Most vehicles have fault codes , but the MFG's will not disclose how to access them. Crooked IMO. It's swaptronics 95% of the time. Power on one side, ground on the other. Real simple. You are not playing with $50K+ components.