Social Media

Gumboot

Like normal I let the bird dogs out around 6:30 on Saturday morning, I went and got some coffee and walked towards the dock cause they'll end up in the lake eventually.  I was 50 yards uphill from the lake when a really pretty 20' ish bass boat with a 250 pro xs came into the cove on plane, driver shut it down, they didn't see me, and I expected them to start chunking a buzz bait, cause I believe everyone on the lake has read bigfishscott's post.  But no, they don't pick up a pole...yet.

One guy reaches into the livewell and pulls out two bass and his buddy proceeds to take pictures.  Pretty soon the guy puts one of the bass back in the livewell, goes to front of boat, picks up a rod with some type of chartreuse bait, hooks the fish with the lure and flips the bass into the lake, while this is happening, his buddy with the camera is laying down up front by the trolling motor, that has not been deployed, the "angler" then proceeds to get down on the deck, pulls the bass in, and presents it for a picture.  After they finish with this the poor fish is put back in the livewell, they crank the motor and roar off to what I can only assume is another cove to "catch more fish".  They never threw one bait the whole time there.

Couldn't get up the hill fast enough to tell the wife.  Hilarious.

Well shoot.  Anybody can catch a fish.  Not everyone can take good fish/fishing pictures.  Maybe THAT'S where the money is?  And sponsorship deals?  

If you're into that sort of thing... 😎

Maybe they rushed off to return their pet bass to the aquarium.

Except to bolster their egos or have confounding backgrounds for those "caught" fish, I see no point to this activity at all. Even those reasons kind of make me a bit queasy :unsure:. Just catch the fish, take a photo if you want then let the poor thing go.

That is hilarious! Some folks just *need* attention and/or affirmation, even lying to get it. Or they could have been working some financial angle....

John