The struggle is "reel". 😏
I only landed 5 fish today....2 Channel Catfish, 2 Goldeye, and a Grass Carp.

CEC77C00-95F5-4A1C-8348-9E257FF4D764.jpg

8720B5BB-C26F-405F-8449-8FC2B894563A.jpg
A
nd here's the "stuff seen while fishing":
Some Hardy Hibiscus along the creek bank:

1D8C8CC1-C184-48D6-B046-E14DE05B5860.jpg
An old jawbone from something....I assumed deer, but it doesn't quite match the pictures I found online. Also close but not quite matching were camels, sheep, goats, cows...
2A6E5276-C521-4734-97AD-B9C5D9349952.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The struggle is "reel". 😏I only landed 5 fish today....2 Channel Catfish, 2 Goldeye, and a Grass Carp. And here's the "stuff seen while fishing":Some Hardy Hibiscus along the creek bank:An old jawbone

Looks like fun. Gold eye are surface feeders. I don’t fish for them but I catch them on topwater flies and plugs.

That would be outside my five county area, I think.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Looks like an Awesome day to me. I’m trying to come up with a scheme to get me up there. 

There were still a few gar around...I had several strikes, but didn't land any.  I think they are all still there, just maybe sitting lower in the water where I can't see them.

37 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

@FishnDave Killing me with those goldeye. Cool fish. Getting me motivated to hit you up on one of my next trips to MO. Besides you may owe me one ;).

I sure do!  I think this creek is full of them.  I see silvery fish that charge the surface, make a little splash, then dive back down....I assume it is Goldeye that are doing this?  I tried casting to those areas but didn't catch any.  I seem to catch these just casting into the long deep pools.

8 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

Also...what is this stuff called?  I spent about 45 minutes picking these off my pants.

C4F56842-6545-41BA-ABA4-548D840C5269.jpg

Common term is Beggar Lice.  A credit card or comb is helpful in removing them. 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

12 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

I think this creek is full of them.  I see silvery fish that charge the surface, make a little splash, then dive back down....I assume it is Goldeye that are doing this? 

It's possible that those are goldeye hitting the surface. I haven't been around them enough to know their habits.

Just now, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

Common term is Beggar Lice.  A credit card or comb is helpful in removing them. 

Ah, that was my next question...best way to get rid of them.  :) Picking them off one-by-one really cut into my fishing time.

Just now, Johnsfolly said:

It's possible that those are goldeye hitting the surface. I haven't been around them enough to know their habits.

Yeah, me neither.  I'd never caught them before moving here.  I did catch a big Mooneye in Illinois once, and a skipjack herring.