What have you left on top of your car?

Key ring with keys to various padlocks from many locations.  But, that trip, it required borrowing a pair of bolt cutters at Wally World for a few minutes to cut the chain that kept people from stealing my canoe off the trailer so we could float.  I love Walmart's easy return policy....

Had spares at home for almost all of the locks that I lost the keys for.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw that one shoe on the highway. I always wondered what the story was 😄

Nothing.  I don’t have a car.  I haven’t had a car since the 70s.  My truck is too tall to put anything on top of it.

Had an old Maverick that had the huge back bumper. Left my nice Bending Branches canoe paddle lay on it from Eminence to St. Louis and it stayed.

Posted Images

A socket/ratchet set on the trunk of the car I was driving at the time. Made it 5 miles on a very twisty road, I saw the glitter of chrome in the rear view as I went under an overpass.

I dodged traffic for a few minutes and picked up all I could, found all but one or two sockets.

-Austin

• Members

About 18-years ago returning from a hunt; a new handheld Garmin eTrex GPS. Backtracked, but never found it.

About 30-years ago, my wallet. That one had a happy ending. Lady saw me drive off from the gas station picked it up. Looked me up in the phonebook and called to say she had it. Not sure that would happen today. 

USCG, Disabled

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I left a ratchet on my bumper and drove off.  When I back tracked I found a different one, a razor knife filled with new blades and a box wrench.  Never did find the ratchet😁

I wish I had your luck.

6 hours ago, Coastie6 said:

About 18-years ago returning from a hunt; a new handheld Garmin eTrex GPS. Backtracked, but never found it.

About 30-years ago, my wallet. That one had a happy ending. Lady saw me drive off from the gas station picked it up. Looked me up in the phonebook and called to say she had it. Not sure that would happen today. 

I dropped mine one time getting back in the truck after getting fuel.  Same story, that was about the same time when it happened to me.  It was a gas station in St. Peters.  Left it in a bar in Dogtown  one time too and got a call the next day.  So I guess I've had my share of good luck too.