A few more

SplitG2

Fished my last outing of the week this afternoon before heading home.  Caught 2 good ones and 2 short ones. Caught one keeper on a 1/2 oz finesse jig on wind blown bluff end.  Not a major deep bluff but a medium longer run.  He had some buddies chase and try to steel the jig on his way in.  Couldn’t catch any others  and got tired of fighting the wind so went back into Beardsley to fish deep.  They were more scattered today and I only caught one short spot on a drop shot.  Lots of lookers on the graph with several baits but they didn’t seem to want to eat today.  Went back to the jig on mixed rock/gravel in 15’ and caught  caught 2 small mouths.  One good keeper.  The SM is the same fish.  

AA17444A-7308-4534-AE20-F1F0670374B7.jpeg

0C96169C-368F-41FA-8912-021347A21F81.jpeg

B68130DB-49D0-450B-9212-A64D520C7B02.jpeg

Nice fish!

I was out yesterday also on the upper White.  Super foggy start to the day, which helped as I didn't go far from Big M and ran into a short duration top water bite.  It didn't last long, but it was a bite on just about every cast for maybe a half-hour.  I tossed a 1/4 oz Kastmaster at them, I think I boated 8, with one keeper before it ended.

After the fog cleared I bounced around fishing chunk rock with the Ned, found one bank that held some in 10-15 FOW, all spots.  

Ended the day with 19, but only one keeper.  I lost 3 fish that were decent sized, obvious keepers, every one of those 3 jumped 3 feet into the air and tossed the bait.  Always fun t watch them jump.  

WT 59-60

large.NV12LM.jpg

large.NV12SM.jpg

large.NV12spot.jpg

Yesterday was not so good for me.  I fished Flat Creek for specs and got no love.  So I put the fairy wands away and headed up James to do some shaky.  I caught 7 with 3 keepers.  I was half a heartbeat slow and missed or lost more than I caught.  Shaky in the wind isn’t my best technique. 

If I get a chance to go back soon, I think I will do some T rigged or swing jig brush hoggin.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, SplitG2 said:

... so went back into Beardsley to fish deep. 

So where is this Beardsley of which you speak? Is it a good spot to fish? Any docks in there? 😆😂😂

ClassActionTransparent.png

3 hours ago, Champ188 said:

So where is this Beardsley of which you speak? Is it a good spot to fish? Any docks in there? 😆😂😂

It is on the west side of the lake just north of the Hwy 86 bridge if my memory is still good.