Weekend Stockers

FishnDave

3 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

Hey, the days will start getting longer in 15 days! :)  In Iowa, at least, February always seemed like the worst/coldest month of the year.  Will be interested to see what its like here in MO.

I have to get used to the differences in temps here. Were we live is buffered by large bodies of water, the Chesapeake bay and the Atlantic ocean, on both sides of us. So our temps are fairly mild. It's at least 20 to 25 deg colder right now in the mountains of western MD. I hope that we can get in a little ice fishing out that way this year for pike and yellow perch.

• 1 month later...

Sweet I’m glad you got out Dave. 🙂

I have been doing a bunch a shorter Winter floats quite often and some days They’re eating and some days their not.  I have been fishing more than I have in a long time though and my attitude towards other people now has got a lot better lol

9DFD09B0-F726-4BF5-A112-561727CB18F8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Smalliebigs said:

Sweet I’m glad you got out Dave. 🙂

I have been doing a bunch a shorter Winter floats quite often and some days They’re eating and some days their not.  I have been fishing more than I have in a long time though and my attitude towards other people now has got a lot better lol

9DFD09B0-F726-4BF5-A112-561727CB18F8.jpeg

I find this intriguing.  Are you floating solo?  How do you manage your vehicle for the start and end of your float?

20 hours ago, FishnDave said:

I find this intriguing.  Are you floating solo?  How do you manage your vehicle for the start and end of your float?

I have 3 short floats I do that all end at public ramps. My better half drops me off after I leave my truck at the ramp 🙂 I also paddle upstream for about Two miles or until my arms feel like they are gonna fall off and fish back to my truck.

Honestly I am in need of a second participant with a truck willing to paddle in 40 degree water and wanting to catch fat Winter fish.

2 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

I have 3 short floats I do that all end at public ramps. My better half drops me off after I leave my truck at the ramp 🙂 I also paddle upstream for about Two miles or until my arms feel like they are gonna fall off and fish back to my truck.

Honestly I am in need of a second participant with a truck willing to paddle in 40 degree water and wanting to catch fat Winter fish.

Shoot, I don't have a pickup.  I sold my Hobie Outback kayak in 2018, replaced it with this Blue Sky Boatworks 360 Angler (part of Jackson Kayaks company).  For which I have a trailer.

7C33D8EE-8D5F-4966-A220-C7562E11B119.jpg

402D4C8B-B052-4B3C-AF8D-77E39B837262.jpg

I've only used it on lakes, not on moving water yet.  Seems like it might be good enough for slower streams with water that doesn't require much dragging through.  I've got a paddle and a pushpole, but neither of those is as efficient on this as the pedal/propellor.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody catching any fish near STL?  Its been a struggle for me!  You don't have to say WHERE you are fishing...just...what are you catching?

I went out January 23rd (Saturday) and caught 2 trout and 1 crappie.

7BAB567F-B60A-4366-B27A-D1EDA8EF1907.jpg

Went back out the next day to two places and got skunked both places.  OUCH!

This past Saturday, I fished in the rain, even though the lake was 90% ice covered.  Caught just one trout.  Went to some flowing water, but it was high and muddy.  Fished for a few minutes and gave up.

BF57CC90-390E-4800-8FD3-BEBD05CB9EDB.jpg