Simplier than Photoshop

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

I'm looking for an application for editing images.  I need to edit in layers as well as simple lighting and tint adjustments.  I'm not necessarily looking for free... just something other than Photoshop.  Any suggestions?

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Gimp is good and it's free. but it's probably not any easier than Photoshop. 

After 10 years of working in Photoshop and Lightroom I don't see anything out there any easier. Photoshop Elements is easier but I don't know if it has all the features you need. I hear good things about PaintShop Pro and ACDSee Ultimate. 

• Root Admin

I've used PS for 10+ years but only use 2% of it's tools.  I can't see paying $20/month for it when I don't use most of it.

I bought a new computer for video editing and need to add the image editing product.  That's why I'm looking.

I'll look into these other products - thanks.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I'm a big Lightroom fan. I only use it for basic adjustments since I get it right in the camera 99.9% of the time :D. It also has great hierarchical keywording to help keep things in order and easy to find. They added face recognition recently too. 

John

14 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

I've used PS for 10+ years but only use 2% of it's tools.  I can't see paying $20/month for it when I don't use most of it.

I bought a new computer for video editing and need to add the image editing product.  That's why I'm looking.

I'll look into these other products - thanks.

If you can use PS, you can use Gimp. It's free and works well.  Has almost all the functionality of PS.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

35 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

Adobe has a Photography Plan where you get Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop for 9.99 a month. You get use of desktop apps as well as IOS versions. You just can't beat that deal. 

6 minutes ago, moguy1973 said:

You'll have to export it as a JPG or whatever format you want to use.

This. "Save As" will only save it as a native Gimp file. Look for the Export option and you should be able to choose whatever file type you need.