Politics PW

I'm torn about it.  It is easier than siting down and watching tv, but it is getting stale.   I dont interact with many people anymore, and it does keep me from being a hermit.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

1 minute ago, Johnsfolly said:

There are a lot more local outfitters/guides that are only on Facebook and not setting up traditional websites. So much so that I am mulling setting up an account :unsure:.

lots of businesses too.  facebook pages are free.  TBH facebook as ruined the internet because you cannot search for information like you used to be able to.  Google searches don't pull info from facebook posts like it would from a forum.

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

19 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

There are a lot more local outfitters/guides that are only on Facebook and not setting up traditional websites. So much so that I am mulling setting up an account :unsure:.

I understand it's a free website for them but I don't like businesses that rely on a FB website for their main page.  Like @gotmuddysays, half the time you never get directed to a FB account business.  And once there I have to "learn" how FB is setup to see what I want.  Most times I just move on to a business with a real website.   

6 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I understand it's a free website for them but I don't like businesses that rely on a FB website for their main page.  Like @gotmuddysays, half the time you never get directed to a FB account business.  And once there I have to "learn" how FB is setup to see what I want.  Most times I just move on to a business with a real website.   

My experience is that they use both. 
I have found many businesses via FB and then clicked on their webpage. 
FB learns what you like to see and will put more of those pages in your feed. 
And you can search FB for pages you may like. It does work a lot like Google if you know how to use it. 

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

I'm in the group that thinks legitimate businesses should have websites. But we are a dying breed. It's actually better for these businesses to be on social media because that's where the traffic is at. I can't get someone to see my website unless they just happen to stumble across it most of the time. But I can pay to promote a social media post so that thousands of people see something about my business. And I can target the audience that I want to see it. Pretty simple really.

The bad rap that Facebook always gets is that there is a bunch of stuff you don't agree with or don't want to see. That's mostly your fault. Get rid of the "friends" that always post the crap that annoys you and most of it will go away. "But what if they see that I unfriended them and it upsets them?" Uhhh...first of all it's your feed so just tell them you didn't want to see what they are always posting or if you can't be honest there are steps you can take to not see that stuff. 

And yes it's going to show you what you most often look at. So if it's all crap then that's what you always search out. Mine is all music, cameras, fishing, sports and since I've been looking for some boots there is a lot of that lately. Not much stuff that rubs me the wrong way because if it looks like it's going to I just roll on past it. Focus on what you like and it will keep up with that and it's what you will mostly see. My Facebook feed has more about fishing and less about politics than this place and that is sad to me. 

19 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

I'm in the group that thinks legitimate businesses should have websites. But we are a dying breed. It's actually better for these businesses to be on social media because that's where the traffic is at. I can't get someone to see my website unless they just happen to stumble across it most of the time. But I can pay to promote a social media post so that thousands of people see something about my business. And I can target the audience that I want to see it. Pretty simple really.

The bad rap that Facebook always gets is that there is a bunch of stuff you don't agree with or don't want to see. That's mostly your fault. Get rid of the "friends" that always post the crap that annoys you and most of it will go away. "But what if they see that I unfriended them and it upsets them?" Uhhh...first of all it's your feed so just tell them you didn't want to see what they are always posting or if you can't be honest there are steps you can take to not see that stuff. 

And yes it's going to show you what you most often look at. So if it's all crap then that's what you always search out. Mine is all music, cameras, fishing, sports and since I've been looking for some boots there is a lot of that lately. Not much stuff that rubs me the wrong way because if it looks like it's going to I just roll on past it. Focus on what you like and it will keep up with that and it's what you will mostly see. My Facebook feed has more about fishing and less about politics than this place and that is sad to me. 

You can opt to Unfollow them and it will stop the flow without having to unfriend them.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

17 minutes ago, Chief Grey Bear said:

You can opt to Unfollow them and it will stop the flow without having to unfriend them.

You are correct. But if I don't want to see their BS now, I probably won't want to see it later. I keep my list of Friends on FB pretty small. It's not a popularity contest. 

Facebook is largely what you make it. I look at it every day, but very rarely post anything. I'm able to keep up with what's going on with friends, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. It's easy to 'snooze' somebody for a while if you're getting too much, unfollow them like Chief said, or block. When you block someone it's as if neither of you exist to the other. Everything stops, and old stuff goes away. 

FB does learn what you like and you'll get content / ads based on that. If you even slow down to look at something, FB knows it. If you click through, you'll definitely get repeats or similar ads or content. But, it's really easy to scroll by. You're basically getting what you ask for.

A lot of the comments on the ads are hilarious. If you're on FB search for Tommy John underwear or Theragun and you'll get some pretty good laughs from those comments. And, you'll get more Tommy John and Theragun ads :D 

I don't follow any fishing or hunting groups, which is what I hear most people on here complaining about. The few groups I do follow are ones like 'You know you're from Independence' or 'Kansas City then and now', etc. Pretty tame with good moderators and interesting stuff comes up occasionally. 

John

• Root Admin
18 hours ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

I'll give you a hint at the password.  Its the new synonym for LOSER.

Oh... just for that I'm changing it to "biden"  :)

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg