Cape Fair 12/20/20

cheesemaster

I dropped in about 7:30 until about 12:30 this morning and fished the main lake from Cape up to Walnut Shade. Winning lure was a jerk bait. Water in the Cape area was 48.5 with about 4 foot visibility - that Is were the fish came from. I caught about 20-25 fish with only 2 keepers. One was a 17.5” small mouth - that was fun and the other was a K that was just 15”. 
I ran up to Walnut and the water was 41.6 with visibility of about 12 feet and I didn’t get a sniff. It was tough up there. I threw several things but nothing worked.
I also want to show you guys my one and only Grandkid (a boy that likes to fish- lol). I am too proud to not share this with you guys. Isn’t he awesome!! 

216C0E85-48CB-4172-93FE-5A5D8BBF814F.jpeg

319CD3C2-FD5B-46C3-B62E-17BCCE8C9204.jpeg

DCFD58C3-CDE9-46A7-B8B2-CEA25BB4193F.jpeg

He's awesome!  Congrats on the grandson!  I get it.  They are the best!  I have 2 of them ( not bragging just saying).  One is 3  the other just started crawling.  I've taken the older grandboy to the pond a few times.  He caught his first fish with Pappy. Your in for a real treat. Enjoy.  I know you will. Oh, and nice fish.

20200430_183813.jpg

Cheese, congratulations on the grandson. Also sounds like a good outing for you fishing. 
Mike