Pretty cutthroat this afternoon 12/22

netboy

1 hour ago, laker67 said:

I like that water, but it is difficult to wade now with minimum flow. We use to cross over at the c and r line and hope like heck that they didn't run water before we got back.

I’ll say it again and I know it’s not the most popular opinion but I don’t like min flow.  There I said it again.  

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

There were fat and healthy fish before too.  

Okay, I've only fished it a half dozen times.  Don't know it well enough to know what is right there.  I will say it is a frustrating and unpredictable flow, almost any time of year.  But the fishing can be the absolute best when it is right.

10 hours ago, laker67 said:

I like that water, but it is difficult to wade now with minimum flow. We use to cross over at the c and r line and hope like heck that they didn't run water before we got back.

It’s a long walk out if they turn the water on

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

9 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I’ll say it again and I know it’s not the most popular opinion but I don’t like min flow.  There I said it again.  

The new Minimum Flow doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the inconsistent reporting of water changes and unreliable generation predictions. We are days away from 2021 and they still don’t have horns downriver every mile or so that would alert you to water level increases. The horn at the dam is handy if you near the dam, but useless for 3/4 of the river. Heck, ,just  adding a horn at McClellands and Ackerman would make a huge difference.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

8 hours ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

Okay, I've only fished it a half dozen times.  Don't know it well enough to know what is right there.  I will say it is a frustrating and unpredictable flow, almost any time of year.  But the fishing can be the absolute best when it is right.

I've been fishing there for 50 years.  If they only ran when it needed that would be great.  Best 4 miles of trout water in the lower 48!

1 hour ago, Ham said:

The new Minimum Flow doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the inconsistent reporting of water changes and unreliable generation predictions. We are days away from 2021 and they still don’t have horns downriver every mile or so that would alert you to water level increases. The horn at the dam is handy if you near the dam, but useless for 3/4 of the river. Heck, ,just  adding a horn at McClellands and Ackerman would make a huge difference.

Those two events seemed to coincide with each other.