1-3-21 Crappie Report

Seth

10 hours ago, DADAKOTA said:

SO true.  Shame that technology matters more than knowledge, experience, and ability.  Another easy button.

I wouldn't want to be a slave to that stuff, as most up and coming anglers likely will be.  

On the other hand.... It's totally stupid to keep casting into areas where there might not be any fish, when it's so easy to find out now.  

52 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I wouldn't want to be a slave to that stuff, as most up and coming anglers likely will be.  

On the other hand.... It's totally stupid to keep casting into areas where there might not be any fish, when it's so easy to find out now.  

I would love to see what’s down there in spots where I catch fish over and over.  I’m talking rivers because that’s what I fish most.  

3 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I would love to see what’s down there in spots where I catch fish over and over.  I’m talking rivers because that’s what I fish most.  

You can't see the bottom?    How deep are those spots.  

On 1/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I think it would be tougher to utilize in rivers since you're typically drifting. Spot locking would help. Electronics don't really play much in to how I fish rivers though, but that's just me. They are vital when I'm on lakes though, especially for crappie more so than anything else.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, fishinwrench said:

Giving somebody who can already fish a tool like this will only make them that more effective. Those open water fish can now effectively be targeted where as before it was more of a crap shoot. At least with crappie you could spider rig to cover water, but you don't' get that when bass fishing. Watching guys target schooling bass in open water at the pro levels was pretty neat. Some guys that fish local lakes closer to home have even been able to target big suspended largemouth. The lakes don't have as much variety in species so you can pretty well tell if a fish in a perch, bass or catfish.

24 minutes ago, Seth said:

I think it would be tougher to utilize in rivers since you're typically drifting. Spot locking would help. Electronics don't really play much in to how I fish rivers though, but that's just me. They are vital when I'm on lakes though, especially for crappie more so than anything else.

I agree that I wouldn't "rely" on it to find fish.  But there are some areas I sure would like to see.  Bridge pilings, deep holes in eddys, stuff like that.  

I don't think that Mike Baker takes a ton of stuff from any company, but I might be wrong. He says he does not in his videos and as far as fishing Truman and Lake O. They are by far the best out there. 

Guy knows how to get around fish and once he is there how to put them in the boat. 

And yes, he is a tech. Junkie, and for a dude our age he knows how to use it.