And you say you wouldn't eat Coot..

Buddy made coot risotto last night ala Hank Shaw. He said it was fantastic. Great flavor and texture. So I say phooey to all you coot haters! The ivory billed whistler reigns on.

Risotto.jpg

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

1 hour ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Buddy made coot risotto last night ala Hank Shaw. He said it was fantastic. Great flavor and texture. So I say phooey to all you coot haters! The ivory billed whistler reigns on.

Risotto.jpg

Looks fantastic. We did a number of Hank Shaw recipes. Great cook and a nice guy.

4 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Looks fantastic. We did a number of Hamk Shaw recipes. Great cook and a nice guy.

Yep he's a good dude. Use a lot of his recipes as well. Making some mallard and teal tonight.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

15 minutes ago, Gavin said:

That looks great...Did not kill any coot this year, only teal and mallards. Can't complain. Hope you saved the coot gizzards, makes some great biscuit gravy!

I do not think he did. He's not a big organ guy, unlike me lol. I have a plethora of gadwall. I think I singlehandedly hurt the population this year. Ended up shooting 48. Lots of mallards as well. 'Twas a good season. 

2 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

I used to nail a few and make chili out of them.  Better than Shovelers.  Don't even think about a Merganser.

My worst duck rankings are as follows:

1) mergansers

2) ring necks

3) redheads

I have legit gagged cleaning ringed necks and redheads.

On 1/14/2021 at 9:05 PM, Ryan Miloshewski said:

My worst duck rankings are as follows:

1) mergansers

2) ring necks

3) redheads

I have legit gagged cleaning ringed necks and redheads.

Ever see worms in shovelers?    I have! 🤢