been out the last two days doing some snooping.  yesterday was a 20" walter and 3 keeper lmg.  5 or 6 shorts.  that kind of zeroed me in a bit, and i fine tuned that today.  10 keeps, one lmg over 6 and a 5lb.+ walter.  several shorts.  kind of bo-garted onto a spot they were piled up on.  sometimes many years of fishing will help you kind of know a small spot that needs to be sampled.  was fishing crystal clear water with hi-vis yellow braid tied straight to the lure.  most bites were at dead rest.  bites were 10 to 15ft.  these bass are really nearly asleep, and you just have to have the patience to keep lure in a spot for a while.

i see way too many folks that do not their lure with enough speed in the summer, and then turn around and fish way too fast in the winter.  sure, there are always exceptions to the rule, but not often.

i did catch both picture fish.  taylor wanted a pic of the walter so he photoed himself.

bo

1-20-21-1.jpeg

1-20-21-2.jpeg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

been out the last two days doing some snooping.  yesterday was a 20" walter and 3 keeper lmg.  5 or 6 shorts.  that kind of zeroed me in a bit, and i fine tuned that today.  10 keeps, one lmg over 6 a

One of the greatest things about this forum is our ability to "agree to disagree" ... and most of the time with no flaming arrows launched.  I was fishing buddies with one of the BASS originals,

i have caught a bunch of them.  even small mouth in the creek.  most creeks are pretty darn clear.  i've caught plenty of bass off the bed using braid.  here is another case in point.  i guided a fell

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, merc1997 Bo said:

been out the last two days doing some snooping.  yesterday was a 20" walter and 3 keeper lmg.  5 or 6 shorts.  that kind of zeroed me in a bit, and i fine tuned that today.  10 keeps, one lmg over 6 and a 5lb.+ walter.  several shorts.  kind of bo-garted onto a spot they were piled up on.  sometimes many years of fishing will help you kind of know a small spot that needs to be sampled.  was fishing crystal clear water with hi-vis yellow braid tied straight to the lure.  most bites were at dead rest.  bites were 10 to 15ft.  these bass are really nearly asleep, and you just have to have the patience to keep lure in a spot for a while.

i see way too many folks that do not their lure with enough speed in the summer, and then turn around and fish way too fast in the winter.  sure, there are always exceptions to the rule, but not often.

i did catch both picture fish.  taylor wanted a pic of the walter so he photoed himself.

bo

1-20-21-1.jpeg

1-20-21-2.jpeg

Great fish Bo!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor