• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, only much bigger.😁

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's a redspotted sunfish, Lepomis miniatus.  A juvenile female, probably.  Redspotted sunfish are found in the Jacks Fork, though I've never caught one.

Did see that the Jacks Fork/Current River as well as the 11 pt and other south flowing rivers in the southeast portion of the state are within the distribution range for redspotted sunfish.  A couple

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Al Agnew said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's a redspotted sunfish, Lepomis miniatus.  A juvenile female, probably.  Redspotted sunfish are found in the Jacks Fork, though I've never caught one.

I believe you are correct 

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

8 hours ago, Al Agnew said:

I know that redspotted sunfish are in the eastern rivers near Poplar bluff. Was going to check distribution this morning to see if they could be found in Jacks Fork.

Did see that the Jacks Fork/Current River as well as the 11 pt and other south flowing rivers in the southeast portion of the state are within the distribution range for redspotted sunfish.  A couple of redspotted caught in Black river watershed area near Poplar Bluff.

Redspotted Sunfish (1) - rk - 14Jul19.jpg

Redspotted Sunfish (2) - 14Jul19.jpg

A couple from a Texas trip with @Ham

Ham redspotted sunfish - 09Oct19.jpg

redspotted - 12Oct19.jpg

3 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I was looking at my pictures of smallies and some have red eyes and some tan out of the same river.  

Pete - Like these? I caught these two in the same river and the same day only about a 1/4 mile of river between them. I had thought that the eye color in smallmouth bass was a male/female deal though really had not looked into it much.

Smallmouth - Gen pumpkin slider (1) - Maries River - 09Oct17.JPG

Smallmouth - PBJ Ned - Maries River - 09Oct17.JPG