When is enough, enough?

rps

My approach is to keep things as simple and as pleasurable as possible. As I've grown older, I've found that activities that are complicated or have a level of difficulty--even though slight-- get shuttled aside for other interests or projects or chores. And I'm basically lazy.

I'm ashamed to say that my boat has been sitting in the garage at the lake cabin because there is always something else that needs doing-- and it's easier to grab a couple of rods, a small box of gear and jump in the kayak. I enjoy kayak fishing, don't get me wrong,  but there are two big lakes that I've not explored at all and a paddle kayak is limited in its range--at least for me. 

So...this year I'm uncomplicating things, finishing projects, abandoning others and working on getting back to what is enjoyable and relatively easy. In your situation, Randy, I'd probably move the boat to the lake you like, insure it for theft and try to limit what I leave on the boat and what I have to bring to have a fun day of fishing.

Bit of a poke from Tulsa, but there are a lot of fish in "The Ditch" at Muskogee. I have a friend who lives there, and that's what he fishes, in addition to an occasional Tenkiller trip. Basically the river from Ft. Gibson to where it turns into that next lake. Multi-species, current. Might suit you.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, dtrs5kprs said:

Bit of a poke from Tulsa, but there are a lot of fish in "The Ditch" at Muskogee. I have a friend who lives there, and that's what he fishes, in addition to an occasional Tenkiller trip. Basically the river from Ft. Gibson to where it turns into that next lake. Multi-species, current. Might suit you.

Excellent fishery.  Spent many a day fishing and duck hunting the AR River backwaters from a john boat with a 9.9 when I was a youngster.  Most of the year basically a chain of lakes with some current.