Fished the Beav Tuesday

Quillback

In my buddy Jeb's boat.  We fished mid-lake from Monte Ne to Ventris.  There's stained water from roughly Horseshoe Bend park down to Monte Ne and gets clearer as you go north.  

We caught 15 or so bass, nothing impressive size wise, lot of 12 inch spots and a few that were in the 13-15 inch range.  I think the only thing I remember us catching them on were small Keitechs.  We tried some other stuff, top water, spinner baits, shaky head, jerk baits and jigs but all we could get them on were those darn Keitechs.

We also got 4 crappie, 3 of them were good ones - a couple of short walleye and a lone white bass.  Most fish were off the bank in 5-20 FOW.

We saw what looked like stripers swirling on top by the HWY 12 bridge, that along with several striper boats in that area leads me to believe that there are some there.

It got super windy by the time we called it quits around 1230.  WT 56.

Forgot to add - If you like geese, they seem to be everywhere on the lake, it is their mating season so they are extra loud and obnoxious.  All day long there was a constant background noise of goose honking.  I don't know if I have ever heard or seen as many geese as I did yesterday on that lake.  

In spite of the geese, things are very scenic, red buds are peaking and the dogwoods are starting to bloom.