dave potts

Windrush Trout Area

27 posts in this topic

Not sure where to post this but will try here. Has anyone fished Windrush this year? This is a private area near Cook Station, Mo where you can supposedly pay for a day of catch and release. I'm not sure they are still in operation. At one time they also owned a nearby place called Sprinrise but it is now private. Just wondered if anyone has fished Windrush and if so how was it?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

are you talking about that place down by Steelveel Mo.?

The one south of Steelville was Springrise. It's now private. Windrush is near a small town called Cook Station and is about 20 or so miles south of St James. They were both owned by the same family at one time I believe. I'm told Windrush is still open but have never talked to anyone who has actually fished there so was trying to get a little info on it.

Dave

I think Windrush is still open and it hasnt changed hands. Fished there last winter but I'm not sure what there current hours of operation are. If they dont return your call, talk to Tom Hargrove and see if he can get you in.

As for the old "Dude Ranch", "Springrise" operation...it was sold and closed for awhile..Its know called "Westover Farm" they have added cabins & sporting clays, etc and its open for C&R fishing a couple days a week. Cheers.

As for the old "Dude Ranch", "Springrise"

Thats good gavin..."Dude Ranch"... sure you spelled dude right i.e. "Dud"...all kidding aside got a laugh outta that one.

Three of us went to springrise (Westover) Saturday before last. We caught in excess of 200 trout. Lots of 6" to 8" fish, but 9 or 10 over 18". There are several fish in there from 4-6 pounds. Chamois worms, small jigs and roostertails did the best.

Turp,

I thought Springrise was now private.

Dave

Itis, but my buddy has been going there for years and they let us fish. They are making it a corporate retreat, building cabins all over. I don't know how long we can keep going there.