Sobriety checkpoint....and shakedown....

fishinwrench

Big 10-4 on all of that CC and Phil. The really good cops who manage to have long careers (they are few when you consider the number of us out there), are those that can learn to leave their bad days at home, realize that they're not only there to take bad guys to the hoosegow, but the heart of their jobs is truly to serve and protect, and don't have to be a cop 24/7. I believe this "checkpoint" falls in the category of protect.

I know the vast majority of you guys support your law enforcement professionals, but I acknowledge that we can do a better job of weeding out the 'Super Trooper' types.

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others, I can't believe this is even being discussed. I want my children to grow up loving the rivers like I did. Problem is, it's almost impossible to float the streams on summer weekends without exposing your kids to drunken, obnoxious behavior.

I was young once too, and I didn't swear, act obnoxious, etc. when kids were around. I'm no prude, but I can't believe some of the language I heard this weekend RIGHT NEXT to our boat with three young kids in it.

It's unbelievable how crass, disrespectful and just plain ugly some of us in our society have become.

• 2 weeks later...

mcp633- I was wondering when you would jump in. I concurr with your thoughts. Some people don't understand the reason why we have laws in our society. I remember one of my Professors at CMSU explaining why we have laws, "to protect us from ourselves and others". If you think about it, that is a very simple reason. Putting that into practice at the Niangua, if there wasn't a problem (people making poor choices) then we would not be there having checkpoints.

As far as the blue flamers, you have to realize that the rate of pay in some of our County's is barely minimum wage. You get what you pay for.

I'm all for zero tolerance when it comes to the violations that people are written on the Niangua. Maybe some day it will make them think that the "sniper" is watching and they will behave themselves.

blue line.png

• 3 weeks later...
I've been following this thread and can't believe it's really being discussed. Look at all the other threads on the Current R, Eleven Point and the Spring R in Arkansas. Everyone was posting how we wished law enforcement would patrol the rivers more intensely and take them back so that we can take our kids out on a Saturday.

I say good job to the MDC for cracking down.

I am running late in reading this thread and as I have been reading it, I was thinking the same thing.

I found one poster to this thread particularly humorous in that he flip-flopped as to what side of the argument he was on as to who's post he was responding to.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors