[belated] Fishing Report - 10/6

• Members

Its been a week, but figured it might still be worth posting something about fishing the White above Beaver last weekend. Fished in the hole between the ramp nearest the dam and the campsite ramp, above the artificials only area. Had pretty decent crowds at both ramps, bait fishing from the banks, but found a decent spot (I thought) in between. Tried a tan sowbug nymph . . . nothing. Tried a small black zebra midge . . . nothing. Tried a green wooly booger, about size 12 . . . nothing. Only thing that made me feel better (and maybe its a sad commentary on my character) is that nobody else fishing corn and powerbait seemed to be catching anything either. Finally, about 11:30, caught a small Brown (10 in or so) on an orange micro-jig with a marabou tail (A nice ol' guy gave it to me once on the White and its never failed to hook something on any river - always a good fall-back when nothing else works). Headed to the Dam Store about 30 minutes later, for some Pringles and Beany-Weenies, and then ran back down to the access below the last campground, in the artificials-only zone, and started gearing up when the darn (and I mean darn, not dam) siren blew three hours earlier than it had for the last two weeks. Talked to the miffed bunch of guys that came straggling out of the river to the parking area, and heard stories of 10 and 15 fish a piece in that area of the river. I'm not going back up by the dam (and I mean dam this time) anymore. Too much corn floating around and too many lines in the water, and dogs barking and kids chucking rocks. From now on, I'm fishing where you can only get to in waders.

Its been a week, but figured it might still be worth posting something about fishing the White above Beaver last weekend. Fished in the hole between the ramp nearest the dam and the campsite ramp, above the artificials only area. Had pretty decent crowds at both ramps, bait fishing from the banks, but found a decent spot (I thought) in between. Tried a tan sowbug nymph . . . nothing. Tried a small black zebra midge . . . nothing. Tried a green wooly booger, about size 12 . . . nothing. Only thing that made me feel better (and maybe its a sad commentary on my character) is that nobody else fishing corn and powerbait seemed to be catching anything either. Finally, about 11:30, caught a small Brown (10 in or so) on an orange micro-jig with a marabou tail (A nice ol' guy gave it to me once on the White and its never failed to hook something on any river - always a good fall-back when nothing else works). Headed to the Dam Store about 30 minutes later, for some Pringles and Beany-Weenies, and then ran back down to the access below the last campground, in the artificials-only zone, and started gearing up when the darn (and I mean darn, not dam) siren blew three hours earlier than it had for the last two weeks. Talked to the miffed bunch of guys that came straggling out of the river to the parking area, and heard stories of 10 and 15 fish a piece in that area of the river. I'm not going back up by the dam (and I mean dam this time) anymore. Too much corn floating around and too many lines in the water, and dogs barking and kids chucking rocks. From now on, I'm fishing where you can only get to in waders.

dont you mean waders or kayak :drama it is almost time to put the kayak up though, cheers

211258658_711e6612c9_o.gif