Fly Flingers Report

Brian Sloss

I was looking at the pics and was wondering who the big guy, looks like John Candy, that was choking the small rainbow in 2 of the pics with his bare hands, was. I assume this all took place in the Trophy area and everyone was catch and release. Some pics show what may be the culprit for the low survival rates of trout on the 11pt in the trophy area, poor catch and release practices. It makes it hard to recover after handling a fish like that.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

JDMidwest.....really.....

If you notice, in one photo below, I was using the reverse forearm grip......come on you know the one.....

2007-10-20pic041(Brian%20Wise%20Photo).JPG

I seem to recover fine after the same practice and at this point I was really trying to focus on forearm extension for maximum photo pleasure.

In the other photos I was using the standard grip as outlined below.

2007-10-20pic152(Brian%20Wise%20Photo).JPG

Notice the jubilation on my face at the moment the photo was taken, I almost feel guilty...

:love:

===================================================

The pursuit of Ozark trout on the fly.

http://www.OzarkChronicles.com

• Members

On second thought as I look at the second photo, it was almost as if i was trying to bring the standard gripped fish to my mouth. I can assure you that was not my intent. That is just sick.

Ethically speaking, why should we catch and release at all......I bore with you already.

The pursuit of Ozark trout on the fly.

http://www.OzarkChronicles.com

Matt I also employ the reverse forearm grip. Usually while digging in the cooler but also understand the difficulty of having someone stalk you for a picture while your stalking fish and the second photo posted, the momentary glimpse into the fun you were having priceless.

Good times and tight lines,

JJ

Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough." unknown author

The Second Amendment was written for hunting tyrants not ducks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

There is a lot of assuming going on here. For people who were not even there to assume that the fish in question was killed is simply ridiculous. I wasn't there for the second picture but was for the first one and I can say that fish was caught, a quick picture was taken and it was released unharmed in a quick period of time. Instead of ripping on someone who is catching and releasing and participating in a weekend designed to have fun and raise a little TU money, why not save it for the poachers who will go in and clean a stretch of water out. We have plenty of those on all the Ozark rivers.

www.elevenpointflyfishing.com

www.elevenpointcottages.com

(417)270-2497