Branson Landing

jsharp

• Root Admin

KMart, WalMart, Anglers & Archery, River Run and opening soon to a neighborhood near you....... Bass Pro/Cabelas Super-duper-store.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Anglers & Archery, River Run

Both on 165 close to the dam, and one at Lilly's that is certainly well stocked with merchandise and information.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

If I recall right the marina is going to have 68 slips. How many of those will be for demo/rental boats I am not sure. I am torn and see both pros and cons to the landing. Pros would be an eatery on the water and an attraction the family can enjoy while I am on the water. Cons are the increase to boat traffic and fishing pressure. The biggest impact will probably be confined to the area from in front of the landing to just above the bridges. Hopefully they will stay out of the other end of the lake so we have someplace to go without being ran over. Until there is a serious 'incident' I believe it will be unlikely that we will see an increase in water patrol or conservation enforcement.

• Members

All i can say is I'm for and against the Landing. Would be nice to have a nicer marina there, but i Agree I hate to have boats running up and down the lake by "new" boaters being sold a boat.

If i was a BPS salesman running boats on test runs, I would Run from the Landing down to Rockaway beach. FAR less boat traffic that way and the lake gets wider.

My feeling is the area around Branson Landing to at least the 1st bridge will be made into a NO WAKE ZONE by the water patrol

There is too much marauding boats there to allow for much more traffic....Or maybe a speed limit enforcement....???

I am shocked that there isn't a NO WAKE ZONE there now!

I hate idealing down as well as most here, but Dead tourists/Fisherman and Kids from a boat wreck at 40 MPH would be very bad.....