1/23/2008 Fishing Report

Leg Buster

• Members

I went down to the dam around 4:00pm tonight and caught several fish around outlet one on an egg and midge. they weren't real big around 14- 17". i then switched to a countdown on my spinning rod and caught about a dozen. still pretty small and then i tried the pms and caught a few. no real big ones i ended on about an 18" brownie and got tired of high water so i left.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An 18 inch brown dont even qualify to hit my digitals.

An 18 inch bow might though. If its fat enough.

You need to fish further down stream.

"May success follow your every cast." - Trav P. Johnson

• Members

that a boy leonard. one of these days i will post my big fish with yous ;) it wasn't a bad night i had a blast. just wished i could have fished longer. but they were running alot of water and i had some homework to do.

Your not likley to find "brushpiles" in the 20 plus feet that I fish. I focus on logs.

I have caught 26 brownies over 10 pounds with that technique. With my biggest being 14 pounds that I got in '03.

Can anyone say they have that beat? I doubt it.

"May success follow your every cast." - Trav P. Johnson

• Members

(sniff-sniff)

peee-eew.....something stinks in here......is that a over-ripened ego?

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

• Members

Well here we go again another contest, if we would really like to measure the success of a trip why do we not try to focus on the fellowship. To me that is the best part I can say this I have caught a lot of fish down at Taney and for record all over the world and I have never measured the success of the trip on how big or how many I caught. No Trav I'm sure your are a great fisherman but some of these people on here might not have acces to a boat for lower lake fishing like you do. There are big fish all over the lake you just have to know how to fish for them. and it sounds like you do You like brush piles we like skinny water.

Now for Leonard you like to fish up top and probally have never had the experience of the lower lake if you have I apologize for the assumption.

How ever I think that it is very wrong for you to take pics of fish and put them up here kinda like in your face. Heck Leonard I bet if we were to take you off of Lake Taneycomo you couldn't fish you're way out of a wet paper bag. I am not really sure where I'm going with this but reading what Trav and you have posted on here I would presume Trav knows what he is talking about way be for you do . It takes more to make yourself a well known fisherman than just a few pics and and some local knowledge that you are passing off as your own, and the knowledge that has been around longer than you have been fishing Taney.