Featured
Skeeter ZX190
Skeeter ZX190

December 12 bass report

This was my first time on Stockton since last July.  I had a couple of things going against me.  First was a new hat.  Wasn't broke in yet.  New hats aren't lucky.  Second was that the bass were probably mad at me for not fishing Stockton in about 6 months!  😀  Put in at 10:30 am at Orleans Trail and fished till sundown.  Water temps hovered around 46 to 47 degrees. I fished between Orleans Trail and State Park Marina.   Ended up with 15 bass with 4 keepers.  I caught the trifecta.  The largest bass was 18 inches.  Also had a 17 incher.  The other 2 keepers were just over 15 inches.  Caught 1 bass on a jerk bait, 4 on the A-rig and everything else on the Ned.  Secondary points with a fast drop seemed to be best.  I had no idea where I would find them and I spent too much time looking too far back in the bigger creek arms.  I found my fish from the main lake to about halfway back.  Plus with the lake this low, the fish just aren't where I would normally find them at normal pool. It was a simply gorgeous day on Stockton. 

20181212_204353.jpg

20181212_204446.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

OK,

So I am seeing 1 or 2 out of a 100.....................................

Please lower the length limit to about 11 inches.................... please...................please................... please...........................

Wally

4 hours ago, Walcrabass said:

OK,

So I am seeing 1 or 2 out of a 100.....................................

Please lower the length limit to about 11 inches.................... please...................please................... please...........................

Wally

If they did would you eat them?

Dutch,

Yes, I would definitely eat them. Immediately !!!! So I could catch some more and rid the lake of their pestilence. Understand that when I ask for an 11" Length limit on them I want it to be IN ADDITION to other Bass length/creel limits. I would actually prefer that they take the daily limit off of them ENTIRELY !!!!!!!!!

Wally

56 minutes ago, Lifes2Short said:

I would have no issue keeping 11”+ spots and giving them to all sorts of folks who are always looking for a fish dinner!!!!!! 

I know lots of those folks too but they all want me to clean the fish first.  If I clean them I eat them.

2 hours ago, Lifes2Short said:

I am happy to clean them and give them away! 🙂

I'd be happy to take cleaned fish.  To me that is like driving a car and having to change a flat.  I love to drive a car I hate to change a flat.  I feel the same way about cleaning fish.