Featured
bferg
bferg

Big M

My brother and I were the only idiots at the ramp and on the water today- but it was fun.  On the water at 7:15.  Air temp 17 degrees, water temp 45-46ish.  Cloudy.

Caught three fish in the first hour.  One on a crank, two on the drop shot in 35-40 feet of water.  Largest fish of the day came while essentially dead sticking a robo worm on the drop shot.  Thought we were into something but we couldn’t put it together again with either one.  Probably should have mixed up our DS offerings.  We never switched off of the Aaron’s Magic Roboworm.  Although we did mark a lot of fish in the 40+ foot range- couldn’t find a lot of willing eaters.  Had cinnamon rolls and hot coffee waiting for us in the truck and were off the water at noon.  

That brings 2017 fishing to and end for me.  Good year- got my personal best LM (on Beaver of all places), had a fun spring pitching jigs into backyard trees, worked on my offshore game a bit and started to figure out and enjoy the drop shot.  Goals for 18:  more trips to the rock, new electronics and more work on my offshore fishing.  

Happy New Year- thanks to all the great members of this forum who help a guy like me who only can get on the water every few weeks know where to start.  Thanks for all the informative advice on equipment, techniques, and all the other information that gets shared here.  

A few pics from today...

D8BFC4E1-8679-4EA6-961A-F3B232E08B47.jpeg

9111CDAD-56BF-4860-9AD1-8EF1E6ABE00C.jpeg

6D210DCB-9D19-4160-A5E6-9C8D47D47D2D.jpeg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments