Featured
Dock-in-it
Dock-in-it

Kim City - Jan 22 deep bite

I fished 3 deep bite locations this morning. Finally found some bait & fish on the 3rd stop. The strong wind really limited the locations I could try. Managed to catch 5 decent keepers and a few shorts. I caught keepers fishing both vertical (3) and horizontal (2). In the productive area, the shad were stacked solid from 40 to 70 ft. I had to get on the edges of the stacked shad to catch them. Caught keepers on ice jig, 4" grub, and kastmaster spoon fished horizontal. Most of the vertical fish appeared as singles on my screen and I did not catch any of those. I needed 2 or 3 fish looking at my jig before I could aggravate one into biting. Boat control was key, because it took a while to trigger a bite. There was no magical feeding frenzy today, you had to be patient and work for each bite. About every 30 minutes a fish would chase shad to the surface and a few times I was within casting distance to take advantage. No Kentucky keepers today. Stayed in 40-80 feet of water. Did not see another boat.

20190122_093532.jpg

20190122_095028.jpg

20190122_103831.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments