Featured
Biglerma
Biglerma

Results of our crappie trip

Me and dad have been doing this trip for 28 years (I post every year on it)....  This year's weather was THE WORST!  The cold front Thursday and Friday was miserable with the cold wind, rain, white caps on Friday.  But we still managed to catch some monster slabs.  Thank goodness for electronics.  I brought my boat this year which has the ulterra and a helix 9 on the front and bow.   As you can see by our clothes, we were cold as hell.

Saturday we caught the biggest stringer of crappie we've ever caught at Table Rock.  The picture makes me sad cus it just doesn't do it justice AT ALL but every fish was 13.5 inches or bigger with most being 14-15.5 with the big momma measuring out at 16 inches.    They just look so small in the pics but boy were they huge and we were proud of that stringer!     Dad caught a nice bass on a light crappie pole which was fun.  I also posted a pic of some slabs next to a 10 inch fish so yall could see the size comparison.   Used white marabou jigs and minnows.  Big fish were deep but I imagine they have moved up by now with the warm days.  WT was 65 up the kings our last day fishing on Saturday.

First for me on the rock - had an otter hanging out below the dock eating the fish I had cleaned.  Got a cool video of it on my phone but can't figure out how to upload it here.

Good luck this week to all.  We had several bass bedded below our dock which is on the main lake in shell knob.  Should be spawning here any time.

Big fish of the trip.jpg

Day 3 secret tree slab.jpg

Cold weather slab.jpg

Dads cold weather slab1.jpg

Dad bass1.jpg

15 inch male.jpg

Biggest stringer.jpg

day 2 slabs.jpg

Day 1 slabs.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments