Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Featured
merc1997
merc1997

the big three

here are the main three weapons that have just wrecked the bass this summer.  pic #1 is the 3/4 GrassJig.  that one Bluegill color which has been working daytime also.  produced 4 keeps before dark last night.  pic# 2 is the Elite Mega Blade (aka big wobbler) in a 1 oz.  last night the big wobbler did more damage than the other two.  just never know from one night to the next which one will do the best.  pic # 3 is the 1 oz. Elite Black Widow.  on monday night it was doing most of the wrecking along with the 3/4 GrassJig.

last night was flat out a catching fest.  way over 20 keepers.  leonard's brownie was the biggest, but had a lot of 3 lb. brownies.  we did get two nice lmg's and two big k's.  one thing that was different last night was the fact that you might get bit in 15 ft. and the next cast get bit straight down 30 ft.  so, lots of variation in the fish positioning in the same area.  they were, however, very grouped in that you would catch several from a small area, and the best areas were still back in off the main lake, especially the better quality.

as you can see, i used three different colors, blugill, missouri craw, and junebug.  leonard had on black and blue.

too bad it is going to start raining friday and into next week.  i was looking forward to get linda out friday night and let her have some fun.

bo

9-19-18-1.JPG

9-19-18-2.JPG

9-19-18-3.JPG

9-19-18-4.JPG




User Feedback

Recommended Comments

 What kind of trailers do you have on those? Also (I don’t post much) back when you were asking for names for the bladed jig I was thinking “big mother thumper’ would be appropriate 

black bass matter

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bigfishes1 said:

 What kind of trailers do you have on those? Also (I don’t post much) back when you were asking for names for the bladed jig I was thinking “big mother thumper’ would be appropriate 

black bass matter

i get those trailers from lure parts on line.  they come in the big one that are in the pic and a smaller one more the size of a #11 pork frog.  they work well for me.  i buy them by the hundred because they are much cheaper that way and i go through a lot of them.

bo

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, merc1997 said:

i get those trailers from lure parts on line.  they come in the big one that are in the pic and a smaller one more the size of a #11 pork frog.  they work well for me.  i buy them by the hundred because they are much cheaper that way and i go through a lot of them.

bo

They look almost exactly like the Big Bite Baits craw chunks.  Are you threading the trailer on the hook, or just running the hook through the body of the bait?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

They look almost exactly like the Big Bite Baits craw chunks.  Are you threading the trailer on the hook, or just running the hook through the body of the bait?

i just hang them as we did pork.  you get a lot more action from the trailer than when you thread them on.  to further enhance keeping them on longer, sit down with a box of round tooth pics and run the tooth pic through the front of the head and clip it off.  when you hang the trailer on the hook insect the hook behind the tooth pic, and it is much harder to tear off.

bo

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, merc1997 said:

i just hang them as we did pork.  you get a lot more action from the trailer than when you thread them on.  to further enhance keeping them on longer, sit down with a box of round tooth pics and run the tooth pic through the front of the head and clip it off.  

bo

Bo, thanks for the information. That toothpick trick is old school and it still works. Been doing it for a long time.

Mike

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.