Landing To Rockaway Beach

Don House

• Fishing Buddy

Went out this morning and ran up to the DAM drifted and pickup a few on each drift, they were eating the Orange glow ball really good right between outlet 1 and 2. Left and ran up to Rockaway Beach to do what I was supposed to do fish for Bass, started by flipping the docks with a small 1/8 and 5/16 ounce jig and craw. Had good success with the dock pattern, had 2 keepers one over 4 and the other was a solid 2.5 also had 3 shorts on the jig up there. Ran Back down closer to the landing and worked the same pattern with docks and stumps found a few more good keepers in the 2 - 3 pound range and another short fish. Stayed in the muddy water for the better blacks but also had good luck in the cleaner water just not as big. Could not get a bite in the fast water on the main channel, maybe should have fished a crankbait but oh well I was having fun, nice to feel a bass bite! Went in to Rowark and it was loaded with Bill and all of the other guides, pickup a couple trout and figured I should get out of there and called it a day..

Now lets just see if we can do it again with my clients on Friday and Saturday..

P.S Trav thanks for the hint on one of your posts last week I think anyway thanks!

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. D

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake and Taneycomo Lake
Branson MO

branson%20fishing%20guide%20service1.gif

Branson Fishing Guide Service Website

Pro Staff for G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling Motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Ardent Reels, Seaguar, Berkley-Fishing

Get your rear back up on the Rock and find us some fesh. I'm up there next week and really don't have a clue. I have told the folks I'm taking next week, but none the less they are sadist and want to go. Most are fishing the annual Aunts Creek afair. Nice report Donnie, sounds like you had fun.

Your welcome Don.

You were probably wise not to work too hard in the channels when they are running more than 2 generaters. Even with a crank, the bass in those areas will either be absent or shut down. The trout on the other hand...........

"May success follow your every cast." - Trav P. Johnson