Roaring River Open all winter 7 days a week

timsfly

Looks like Roaring River is going to open everyday next winter. I don't know all the particulars yet, it has come down the line that this will happen, I think the Conservation Dept. will announce this(officially) in august or sept. maybe earlier. This should spread the crowds out a lot and will give the guys that have their days off during the week more options to fish in the area, and when the water is running high at Taney, well you can drive over to the park and be assured of water that is fishable. Fished yesterday at Roaring River for about 3 hrs, caught a lot of fish on a small #16 holographic green and grizzly crackle back, caught a nice brown on a #18 brassie, and a lot of small fish on top with a #22 griffiths gnat, it was near perfect 2wt weather yesterday, oh yeh and caught 2 on a #14 black beetle, I fished in the afternoon the sun was high and the fish were hitting drys well, it was a great afternoon of fishing. I may have to do it again today.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

That's great news. Now if they could come up with an annual C&R tag that would be legal in all four Missouri parks. Back a year or so ago, MDC talked about a C&R tag that would supercede the daily tag for folks that just wanted to fish and release year round. If one wanted to keep some fish, a standard daily tag could be purchased.

AKA Flysmith - Cassville MO