This might be interesting--"oh son" now that IS big one!!!

American Carp Society Tournament of Champions (catch & released)

October 25th -28th The competition will begin at 1 p.m. on the 25th, ending at 1 p.m. on the 28th. a 72 hour event. Hominy, Oklahoma

Hominy, a 45 minute drive from Tulsa, has been prolific big fish water for several years now. Countless low thirties and even more 20’s have been landed.

contestant teams of 2 anglers each & all their gear are boated to pegs around the lake. where they stay for a grueling 72 hours!

Each team is allowed to have 1 pre-designated “Runner” The runner is not allowed to assist with playing the fish but is allowed to assist in the netting. and is used for food runs, or anything else needed.

A fish must weigh over 10 lb. at the time the stewards weigh it to count on the total score. total weight of team is used to determine winners

1st place $4,000

2nd Place $3,000

3rd Place $2,000

Big Fish $1000

leader board link

http://www.americancarpsociety.com:8080/ACS/acs_toc_2006.jsp

toc2006.jpg

post-1371-1130887306.jpg

post-42-1130874803.jpg

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

Hey MO: Are you going to be fishing in this tourney? What is a peg? What is the entry fee? Looks like it would be a lot of fun.

I would rather be fishin'.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

No, I am not fishing in this one and its all full "25 teams" 50 fisherman--but I am going down to visit friday night

a peg is a pre-selected fishing spot--and you must stay in that peg area ( usally known good fishing spots are set up) the entry was $250 a head

the guy that won $250k is fishing this year

MONKEYS? what monkeys?