Night Fishing Report

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

Got to the parking lot about 10:30 pm. Moon was out bright. Didn't need a flashlight to see walking. Walked down to #2- there were 3 waders down from #2 outlet. Two left soon after I got there. One stayed and caught 3 trout that I could see- nothing big.

I started casting a black 3/32nd oz jig straight (no float) and hooked a fish on the third cast. Foul hooked a 17 inch brown in the belly- felt like a strike so I was dissappointed I foul hooked him. Several more casts- nothing. Dropped down below the guy wading and hooked another fish on a white 3/32nd oz jig- a sucker but this time I caught him in the mouth. Made my way downstream to rebar and thru the narrows trying different sizes and colors of jigs- white, black, sculpin and gray with no success.

Saw Leonard leave about 11 pm so I knew it was slow for him be leave so early. When I left at 12:30 am there were 2 fishing with glow sticks in outlet #2.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Hey Leonard.... :P

See what happens when I'm not there?

;)

Still way better than watchin' Jay Leno...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

as many people have already mentioned, leonard is a top notch guy and a top notch guide. even though we didnt land very many, i felt that i accomplished my goal(learn how to nightfish) i definitely learned a thing or two from leonard and i guarantee when he goes out

and strictly guides people they will get their moneys worth. i dont

know if it was the telephone crank or the bowfishing rigs that did it, but now i have alot of confidence in night fishing and that is key. thanks leonard

www.troutchapters.com

>>>---------->(x)

Jared