Brown Trout Streamer Swap.... #2

Lancer09

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im in on this. I missed last summer's swap and felt defeated. Plus I need some good swap karma to come my way. The 2 or maybe 3 I was in were major disappointments and frustrattions ( getting used flies ( ( rusty hooks with tippet attached )) and the other swap was lost in the mail for almost 3 weeks )

I dont know what I'll tie just yet though.

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Geoff your in.

I like to think last summer's swap went pretty well, and no one hates me too much from it, at least not enough to swap again.

Btw, was the swap with the used fly over on a national board?

I can't because of a new baby (and I suck at tying), but shipping out a used fly for a fly swap is an all time low. That is like tying a zebra midge for a streamer swap.

At least they left you a bit of tippet...

Geoff your in.

I like to think last summer's swap went pretty well, and no one hates me too much from it, at least not enough to swap again.

Btw, was the swap with the used fly over on a national board?

Yes, one that I know you used to post on as well ;)

I can't because of a new baby (and I suck at tying), but shipping out a used fly for a fly swap is an all time low. That is like tying a zebra midge for a streamer swap.

At least they left you a bit of tippet...

Yeah it was pretty bad, I made a post about it, kept it 100% anonymous, then I got a PM from the guy who sent it in and claimed he would never send used flies, a quick picture of it proved otherwise, then a fire storm started because apparently there were other problems with him and he got banned.

It was about the same as a zebra midge for a streamer swap..it was carp flies. Everything I got was good except for the used one and a copy of the used one....which happened to be some half a$$ed attempt at a hares ear on a size 18 fine wire hook...yeah right...carp on that...HAHAHA!!!

Im more pleased with the flies I get from people who are just starting out then I was to get that BS. I still have it I think just to prove a point.

I think I will tie something of Mike Schmidts, I need to talk to him anyway, might as well get his thoughts.

I know exactly the board then, I didn't know if it was you from over there until I remembered that swap horror story. It was good back in the day but has gone substantially down hill, and every topic is pretty much one that has been covered times already.

@ stl fisher if you can find a spare couple hours across the next month or two you can knock out some good flies for this.

Geoff, Schmidt has some good stuff, I know I'm doing one of his!

If you're gonna do one of mike's i guess we should claim a pattern, Im thinking about his meal ticket or the vodoo sasquach