What's Cooking?

ness

Someone else did the cooking for a change.  

We don't go out to eat, just don't.  Carryout a pizza maybe four times a year but that is about it. So I am guessing a couple years ago. Well it was time. Pat has been off this week and rain everyday it has sucked. Today we did a circuit at some of our favorite flea markets. I scored on some cast iron and Pat found some Fiesta Ware Kryptonite to both of us. I got a lead on a place to eat Prime Rib. A small place in Montrose. The Short Street Tavern. Going early and with the Covid restrictions letting up did not feel so apprehensive going in to eat. Very good!  There is enough left for each of us two more meals. These slices were a good two inches thick. thumbnail_0520211315.jpgthumbnail_0520211316.jpgthumbnail_0520211338.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

16 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Someone else did the cooking for a change.  

We don't go out to eat, just don't.  Carryout a pizza maybe four times a year but that is about it. So I am guessing a couple years ago. Well it was time. Pat has been off this week and rain everyday it has sucked. Today we did a circuit at some of our favorite flea markets. I scored on some cast iron and Pat found some Fiesta Ware Kryptonite to both of us. I got a lead on a place to eat Prime Rib. A small place in Montrose. The Short Street Tavern. Going early and with the Covid restrictions letting up did not feel so apprehensive going in to eat. Very good!  There is enough left for each of us two more meals. These slices were a good two inches thick. thumbnail_0520211315.jpgthumbnail_0520211316.jpgthumbnail_0520211338.jpg

Looks delicious. Those are beasts of steaks!

Oh good grief leftovers,

0521211202.jpg

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

Stir fry 

3773AE49-16F0-484F-801F-5E26805B80BD.jpeg

Meatloaf, Grandma Vi’s creamed peas, extra creamy (butter, sour cream) mashed taters. 
1C148224-C066-4C2A-9C28-8C0AE4C725A7.jpeg

Pasta and heavily doctored jarred marinara 

5A8D48D1-8645-4C46-BBFA-3B665D204FD4.jpeg

John

1 hour ago, ness said:

Stir fry 

3773AE49-16F0-484F-801F-5E26805B80BD.jpeg

Meatloaf, Grandma Vi’s creamed peas, extra creamy (butter, sour cream) mashed taters. 
1C148224-C066-4C2A-9C28-8C0AE4C725A7.jpeg

Pasta and heavily doctored jarred marinara 

5A8D48D1-8645-4C46-BBFA-3B665D204FD4.jpeg

You lost me at creamed peas.  :) 

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

19 hours ago, BilletHead said:

You lost me at creamed peas.  :) 

You’ve just never had them prepared right🤪

John