What's Cooking?

ness

Got some fresh peaches and talkedmy wife into a peach pie.  Not the traditional type though.  I asked for graham cracker crust and she made the whipped cream (real stuff) to top it.  Hot cup of coffee and a big slice of it. Life is good.  Blood sugar tonight can kiss my butt.

20210706_203515.jpg

Ho Hum. Pizza again.

I try to vary each time we prepare one.

This one is homemade sauce, ham, mushroom, olive, onion, and cheese.

3CE2849B-2119-4C0D-A9D7-D2D71FF3911B_1_201_a.jpeg

23 minutes ago, rps said:

Ho Hum. Pizza again.

I try to vary each time we prepare one.

This one is homemade sauce, ham, mushroom, olive, onion, and cheese.

3CE2849B-2119-4C0D-A9D7-D2D71FF3911B_1_201_a.jpeg

Ho Humm my @$$ !     

That looks delicious.    And it's the only thing I can remember you ever "preparing" that didn't include some eclectic ingredient that I've never even heard of.      

Bravo!  👏

My Product review and a couple of breakfast meals. I will keep this outdoor related to cut down on the hate for our cooking thread.

I love cooking outdoors camping or here at home. Our outdoor cooking area is not that big and space is at a premium price. Totally jealous of everyone's Blackstone griddles knock offs too.  So I am sometimes a Alton Brown multi tasker so here is my answer to the outdoor griddle. We use our camp chef double burner explorer cooker all the time on the back screened in porch. I wanted a griddle for it. Now I of course have multiple round and rectangular vintage griddles that would fit on it but I needed a new toy. So i had two options. A large one that would fit the whole thing or a smaller one that would fit one burner. Just the two of us 99 percent of the time so got the small size. Fit well and has the drain tray and drain hole for fat capture. All the bells and whistles I suppose. Well up early and at 5:30 am bacon on to fry up. It would be BLTs for breakfast. Decent morning with ceiling fan on  and a light to work under, cup of coffee what more could I ask for?  This thing is the bomb. I like! 

thumbnail_0708210544.jpgthumbnail_0708210530_HDR.jpgthumbnail_0708210540_HDR.jpgthumbnail_0708210540.jpgthumbnail_0708210547_HDR.jpg

Last Monday morning did hotcakes,

thumbnail_0705210653.jpgthumbnail_0705210655.jpg

It came pre seasoned. So far just a wipe up with paper towels.  If space is limited you should look into this option. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

27 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

My Product review and a couple of breakfast meals. I will keep this outdoor related to cut down on the hate for our cooking thread.

I love cooking outdoors camping or here at home. Our outdoor cooking area is not that big and space is at a premium price. Totally jealous of everyone's Blackstone griddles knock offs too.  So I am sometimes a Alton Brown multi tasker so here is my answer to the outdoor griddle. We use our camp chef double burner explorer cooker all the time on the back screened in porch. I wanted a griddle for it. Now I of course have multiple round and rectangular vintage griddles that would fit on it but I needed a new toy. So i had two options. A large one that would fit the whole thing or a smaller one that would fit one burner. Just the two of us 99 percent of the time so got the small size. Fit well and has the drain tray and drain hole for fat capture. All the bells and whistles I suppose. Well up early and at 5:30 am bacon on to fry up. It would be BLTs for breakfast. Decent morning with ceiling fan on  and a light to work under, cup of coffee what more could I ask for?  This thing is the bomb. I like! 

thumbnail_0708210544.jpgthumbnail_0708210530_HDR.jpgthumbnail_0708210540_HDR.jpgthumbnail_0708210540.jpgthumbnail_0708210547_HDR.jpg

Last Monday morning did hotcakes,

thumbnail_0705210653.jpgthumbnail_0705210655.jpg

It came pre seasoned. So far just a wipe up with paper towels.  If space is limited you should look into this option. 

Looks like a winner. Now I just need that griddle AND everything else 😅.

26 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Looks like a winner. Now I just need that griddle AND everything else 😅.

We all had to start somehow. My problem is I am spilling over.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Made up a couple of 3/4 pound burgers, some filled onions and I nuked a tater, thenjoy smashed it flat so I could get some crispy on it.  Tater didn't work out as well as I had hoped, but burger and onions were delicious.

20210707_172154.jpg

53 minutes ago, MOPanfisher said:

Made up a couple of 3/4 pound burgers, some filled onions and I nuked a tater, thenjoy smashed it flat so I could get some crispy on it.  Tater didn't work out as well as I had hoped, but burger and onions were delicious.

I make an Oklahoma onion smash burger.  Real deal starts at the 2:43 mark.  I like the burger and onions blackened a little.