What's Cooking?

ness

Thinking bouliabase would be better for crappie fillet. Add some fresh crawfish, shrimp, fresh shellfish if you can find it. Would do fresh corn separately from the boil next time. Frozen corn has no flavor so would pitch that in the pot.

10 hours ago, rps said:

Other half of dinner.

fullsizeoutput_1557.jpeg

I've been thinking about muffaletta lately. Really liked the ones a made I month or two ago. 

John

9 hours ago, Gavin said:

Bread looks fantastic! Muffalatta?

Muffaletta made using Ciabatta since I could not find a soft Italian loaf. Now that I am in Tulsa, I was able to use mortadella, sopressa, and capicola. I made the olive salad using the Serious Eats recipe. The combination that Ness posted when he made his previously was very similar.

Note: I could not mince the capers easily so I mashed them with the side of my chefs knife. I know, it was recipe heresy, but I made an executive decision.

6 minutes ago, rps said:

Muffaletta made using Ciabatta since I could not find a soft Italian loaf. Now that I am in Tulsa, I was able to use mortadella, sopressa, and capicola. I made the olive salad using the Serious Eats recipe. The combination that Ness posted when he made his previously was very similar.

Note: I could not mince the capers easily so I mashed them with the side of my chefs knife. I know, it was recipe heresy, but I made an executive decision.

I just ran it by the World Culinary Commission. We're gonna give you a pass on the mashed capers :D 

Do you serve yours cold? 

John

12 hours ago, Gavin said:

Thinking bouliabase would be better for crappie fillet. Add some fresh crawfish, shrimp, fresh shellfish if you can find it. Would do fresh corn separately from the boil next time. Frozen corn has no flavor so would pitch that in the pot.

Great now I have to go look up bouliabase!  Sounds like something used to clean carbreurators with.

26 minutes ago, ness said:

I just ran it by the World Culinary Commission. We're gonna give you a pass on the mashed capers :D 

Do you serve yours cold? 

I made it in the morning, wrapped it in foil and put it in the refrigerator. I took it out to warm to just cool for dinner. The time for the salad to leak into the bread makes a difference, to me.