Jump to content

What's Cooking?


ness
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was getting the smoker ready this morning and when I moved it out an animal flopped off the porch and ran into the flower bed.  Bigger than a mouse I think.  Only caught a glimpse but I'm thinking rat.  Look in the bottom of the smoker and there is a nest with a baby in it.  Disposed of the youngin in the culvert pipe where the cat lives and put out a rat trap (bigger than a mouse trap) with aged cheddar.  We will see...😁
 

 

5645C4EA-BAF3-4AA5-9972-B8D19FFA3884.jpeg

533E0F38-394C-4AA0-BFC8-B11B4C9B9C8E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I was getting the smoker ready this morning and when I moved it out an animal flopped off the porch and ran into the flower bed.  Bigger than a mouse I think.  Only caught a glimpse but I'm thinking rat.  Look in the bottom of the smoker and there is a nest with a baby in it.  Disposed of the youngin in the culvert pipe where the cat lives and put out a rat trap (bigger than a mouse trap) with aged cheddar.  We will see...😁
 

 

5645C4EA-BAF3-4AA5-9972-B8D19FFA3884.jpeg

533E0F38-394C-4AA0-BFC8-B11B4C9B9C8E.jpeg

Rat Fink!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

   If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

    " Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

         "Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

    " One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

  P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Rat Fink!

Trap was already sprung!  I extended the cheese out under the spring a little farther.  I used to trap them in our family bike shop downtown all the time.  They were so brazen they would come right out as soon as you put the trap out.  While we were working.  Sometimes the lever misses them.  Next step is poison bait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a buddy who plants a big patch of sweet corn to pick and sell.  I haven't planted any corn since he started.  However I am lazy when I grew sweet corn all I usually did was chop off the worm end and the stalk end and drop them shucks and all intone freezer in walmart bags.  Ain't quite as good as fresh corn but about December it's pretty good.  Mom was more into shucking them.and putting in zip lock bags, I could definitely tell it had been frozen, but when I started putting hers into vacuum bags it didn't have as much freezer flavor.

Tonight wife is making a roast and veggies, so I decided to make up some flat bread and throw it on th3 blackstone, of course I don't follow the recipe well, as I didn't put any yogurt in it (didn't have any plain yogurt) and I wanted it to be garlicky so garlic powder was added.  Crispy on outside, chewy in th middle, ain't bad, will definitely do it again.

20210723_180849.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a carbon steel, Americanized wok. It has a small flat bottom for my glass top stove. I dislike glass top stoves, but that is what comes with this place. In any event, I began the seasoning today. I am looking forward to using it.

Tonight will be hamburger steaks in a pan mushroom gravy, with a side of smashed potatoes with Brussels sprouts and bacon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rps said:

I bought a carbon steel, Americanized wok. It has a small flat bottom for my glass top stove. I dislike glass top stoves, but that is what comes with this place. In any event, I began the seasoning today. I am looking forward to using it.

Tonight will be hamburger steaks in a pan mushroom gravy, with a side of smashed potatoes with Brussels sprouts and bacon.

Like this Randy? IMG_20210726_181858845.jpgIMG_20210726_181908182.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

   If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

    " Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

         "Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

    " One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

  P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Like this Randy? IMG_20210726_181858845.jpgIMG_20210726_181908182.jpg

Yes, just not so well seasoned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.