Favorite Movies

ness

About 10 years ago I started keeping a list of my favorite movies. At first I tried ranking them, but found that I couldn't pick a favorite, much less list them in order. So, I picked out the top 5 (as of right now) to post. As you can see, there were some ties :D

12 Angry Men
61*
Band of Brothers
Fargo
Forrest Gump
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
High Noon
It's a Wonderful Life
Lonesome Dove
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
No Country for Old Men
North by Northwest
Patton
Raising Arizona
Saving Private Ryan
Seabiscuit
Schindler's List
The Searchers
The Sixth Sense
The Quiet Man
To Kill a Mockingbird
Truman

I pasted this from the list, which is sorted alphabetically. So, what's your top 5?

John

You have three of my top five on your list. The two John Wayne's, The Quiet Man and The Searchers, and my number one, To Kill a Mockingbird. Apocalypse Now is in my five as is Casablanca. Lawrence of Arabia is a near miss. For a real change of pace worth thinking about add Million Dollar Baby.

Looking at the list, I see some patterns:

History 6; Coen brothers 4; War 4; Tom Hanks 3; Western 3; John Ford 2; John Wayne 2;

John

If I were to be completely honest, I would have to say that I have never stopped and tried to compile a list of my favorite movies. Now that I have spent a few minutes tossing this around, I'm going to have to agree with you on a few of those.

American Sniper - I remeember when this movie was over, the theater had an almost uncomfortable silence. Nobody knew whether to stand up and salute, or cry, or applaud, are any combination of those.

A Few Good Men

Saving Private Ryan

The Sixth Sense

Tombstone

Grand Toreno

The Shawshank Redemption

The green Mile

Se7en

and just incase my wife is reading this..... The Notebook.

I would have listed The Passion of the Christ, but I thought the book was better!

Remember - If at first you DO succeed, try not to act surprised & quit while you're ahead.

1. Citizen Kane

2. To Kill a Mockingbird

3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

4. Silverado

5. Unforgiven

only five is really hard

Every one of those is great. Only exception is the 'raindrops keep falling on my head' scene in butch Cassidy.

John

1. Citizen Kane

2. To Kill a Mockingbird

3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

4. Silverado

5. Unforgiven

only five is really hard

Aahh!

I forgot Unforgiven!

Remember - If at first you DO succeed, try not to act surprised & quit while you're ahead.

You have three of my top five on your list. The two John Wayne's, The Quiet Man and The Searchers, and my number one, To Kill a Mockingbird. Apocalypse Now is in my five as is Casablanca. Lawrence of Arabia is a near miss. For a real change of pace worth thinking about add Million Dollar Baby.

I trimmed Casablanca off by bigger list. The others, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, I haven't seen --at least all the wy through.

John

Aahh!

I forgot Unforgiven!

Very good one, need to add it to my big list.

John

Looking at the list, I see some patterns:

History 6; Coen brothers 4; War 4; Tom Hanks 3; Western 3; John Ford 2; John Wayne 2;

The only Coen Brothers movie I rate really high is No Country for Old Men. Give me the original True Grit for example. Qunten Tarantino has made some good stuff. Jackie Brown gets my vote for his best movie.