Another Adventure by the BilletHead's UTAH!

8 hours ago, Ham said:

That is a fantastic hopper pattern in your pic. Very lifelike. 

The way I hid the hook was quite a trick. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Wow, what a trip. I wish I had my copy of Robert Behnke's Trout and Salmon of North America handy as I read along. Thank you. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

19 minutes ago, tho1mas said:

BH Thank you all for taking all of us along on the trip. Beautiful country.

Another good part of the trip is I got to sleep in my own bed every nite.

We slept in our own bed even if it is only used for two weeks a year :) .  First couple of nights were tough but from then on the harder we went during the day the harder I slept at night. I will share what just too weeks of healthier living does to one in this case two of us. Should be a lesson for daily life if you can do this in any capacity that you are able to do,

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

Marty, 

Excellent as always. Great pictures, and narration.    

Thank you for sharing this with us.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

So a few other thoughts,

First thing. Found this guy along the road standing on a rock,

thumbnail_0801171725a[1] - Copy.jpg

There is a goodly amount of native Americans in the area. I really don't like the use of that term because most of us are native and born and raised here in the united states but you all get the picture. This little figurine was hand carved. His head covering has partially rotted off. Feathered as best I could tell. You can see the bird wing laying on the rock. Pretty sure too it had been in his hand and there was a matching other missing for the other hand. Looked like scars and blood stain presentation on the painted outfit. I am thinking an owl, hawk god or fetish or whatever you call it. Some tribes in the South West it would be a Kachina doll . There is a meaning to this figurine and a good reason he was placed here I don't know. Tried unsuccessful to ID it. So if anyone knows let me know please. Right now it is my screensaver on my phone. I did not touch of move him. 

Healthy trip. So according to the height weight charts the BilletHead's are on the heavy side. We play hard and eat so much less. Probably because we are too busy to think about eating. Here at home we just eat when we want to. Not necessarily because we are hungry. We just eat. Don't get me wrong we like to eat and enjoy a tasty meal. You all seen what we ate out there. Good food, tasty food, just much less of it. The BilletHead has a problem with acid reflux every night. I do take a proton pump inhibitor to help but I think it is minimal. So with the exorcise and eating less by the second night the reflux was gone, I mean gone, nadda, zilch, zero. So far it is still gone. A person should learn after this for the years going to stay treating yourself this way. We would eat the homemade  granola cereal the Mrs. makes in the morning. If we were busy only one other meal for the day. When hiking and fishing on longer trips we would take a snack. Twice it was tuna in foil type pouches. The last ones we took to Jones hole. Mine was 110 calories and Pat's 90. This and a few plain saltines. Tried to drink lots of water but really did not. Filtered creek water is mighty tasty.  We each lost nine pounds. Eighteen pounds of what we did not need. Hope to keep going in the right direction. I know it is easy to put it on and hard to take it off. In this case it was fun taking it off. I hope I can learn and retain this way of thinking. We will see as after doing this for a few years we always revert to old ways :)

People out there are really friendly. The big towns are a hodge podge  of ethnic peoples. Going through those towns the variety of restaurants we found amazing reflecting the sentence previous to this one. Something I do not see in small town America. Maybe you Big city peoples do but I do not. Another thing. The number of white adults with obvious adopted children of all ages and races . Some large family units. We liked what we saw.  

if all goes well and it is to be we will visit Utah again someday. Maybe slowing down and working an area longer? Hard for the BilletHead's to slow down though. Want to see what is around the next corner, jamming all we can in our limited time,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

2 minutes ago, ness said:

Petroglyphs are very cool!!

I found a picture. I mean the Mrs. did of one we took many moons ago in that canyon. If I can take a picture of a picture or scan it I will. Pretty dramatic difference from the ones we took this year. I am disappointed the NPS did not take precautions protecting this precious resource. A real shame,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead