This weekend?

brianetz1

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Got another small mess of fish from the same school this evening.  Still all females.   Look at all the eggs already.

IMG_20171116_171041672_LL.jpg

Looks good, interesting, do they spawn twice a year? We fisher 4 hours this morning and probably 3 this evening and have ended up with 13, had to move around quite a bit, most of the ones we caught came out of Indian creek with the others up on gravois and main lake. I got my buddy on fish, that's all I care about and he's having a great time. If you got room and are going out tomorrow evening and want a couple of bums to tag along we will come, if you don't have room, 3 is quite a bit, we are planning on coming by in the afternoon for a bit to visit.

IMG_3139.JPG

On 11/15/2017 at 10:07 PM, slothman said:

How are you doing with jerkbait lately Shrapnel? I haven't been out in a few weeks, but will be headed out looking for green bass this weekend. Can anyone help get me pointed in the right direction (with what to throw and locations to general locations to look for)? I'm thinking I'll have a jig and a spinnerbait. I'm pretty new to bass fishing this late in the year. I'm usually hunting or on trout. 

Where do I get started for this time of year? Should I expect mainlake or backs of coves or somewhere inbetween?

Man, black bass has been tough for me.  I expected the bite to explode by now and it just hasn't...and now their really dropping the lake, 5" just today.  I went out for a couple hours Tuesday and threw a jerkbait quite a bit but only caught 3, biggest was 4+ though.  Still doing better main lake vs backs.  Small cuts and bluff end type stuff.  I've resorted to chasing crappie until the bass realize their not doing what their supposed to yet!

18 hours ago, shrapnel said:

Man, black bass has been tough for me.  I expected the bite to explode by now and it just hasn't...and now their really dropping the lake, 5" just today.  I went out for a couple hours Tuesday and threw a jerkbait quite a bit but only caught 3, biggest was 4+ though.  Still doing better main lake vs backs.  Small cuts and bluff end type stuff.  I've resorted to chasing crappie until the bass realize their not doing what their supposed to yet!

Thanks. I'll post a report after I go out this weekend. 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:26 PM, BilletHead said:

Nice deer Champ,

Sounds like a good way to finish the week by fishing. When you go meet up with my buddy Wrench ask him what he is thinking. He will tell you and pull no punches :) . That's why we like him,

BilletHead

Billethead, I went over and met Wrench Friday afternoon, I asked him what he thought, he said you got him all wrong!! lol I'm glad I got over and got aquainted with him. A buddy and I came down Wednesday evening and been chasing whites. They are being hard to pinpoint, you catch 2-3-4 maybe in a spot and have to keep moving, did catch more in some of my favorite spots but not like usual. Today the ones we caught were real good ones, no shorts at all. 

4 hours ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Billethead, I went over and met Wrench Friday afternoon, I asked him what he thought, he said you got him all wrong!! lol I'm glad I got over and got aquainted with him. A buddy and I came down Wednesday evening and been chasing whites. They are being hard to pinpoint, you catch 2-3-4 maybe in a spot and have to keep moving, did catch more in some of my favorite spots but not like usual. Today the ones we caught were real good ones, no shorts at all. 

I had a great time hanging out with you guys.  I'm up for doing it again anytime our schedules align.