Speaking of TRL Fishing Tournaments . . .

When we first moved here 20 years ago, we went to a few of the meetings the Old Farts have and we listened to them whine about others using what they seem to believe was theirs, and only theirs.  We stopped going to those meetings and stopped associating with old farts like that.

We still are not like that.  We want everyone to enjoy the things we enjoy.

What we do believe in is respect and consideration.

In this day and age, when the examples being set from the top are so inconsiderate and disrespectful, I understand why some people are like they are.  That, too, shall pass.

😊

On 5/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Aren't most of the tourneys charity deals like a golf scramble??

I had this neighbor that told us all he was a pro fisherman.  But he had a real job and only fished on weekends.  I kept asking questions and sure enough he was just fishing these charity tourneys.  No where near a pro fisherman.  He was no different than me playing a church golf tournament but I don't call myself a pro golfer.

Do you wear a Tiger Woods jersey?

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

• 1 month later...
Regulations happen when people won't regulate themselves. 

- - - - - -

The new Missouri Boat Wake Law changed three major things, effective Aug. 28, 2018. (Here's a link to the full text of HB 2116, if you'd rather comb through the legal jargon.)

1. Boat wake violators can be charged a $25 fine. That means wakes are treated more like traffic tickets, rather than a violation that requires a court date. State Rep. David Wood, who represents some of the Lake of the Ozarks area and pushed for the passage of HB 2116, said he hopes that $25 fine will encourage Missouri State Highway Patrol/Water Patrol troopers to actually enforce boat wake laws and cite violators. (Wondering what counts as a boat wake violation? See below!)

2. Boat owners can be fined for drivers' violations. The new law specifies that if the operator of the watercraft that violated a wake can not be identified, the owner of that watercraft can be subject to the fine. MSHP Marine Division Director Matt Walz explained that could apply in situations where a dock owner obtains the registration number of a boat that violated a no-wake area; a patrolman could then contact the boat operator or owner to discuss the issue. Walz explained the Patrol's goal is to educate boaters on minding their wake and boating safely; some situations call for a warning and a conversation, while other call for a citation, he said. Dock owners that have photo or video evidence of wake violations—or even if they need to report a violation using the boat's registration number—can contact the Patrol by dialing *55 or calling Troop F. Walz emphasized troopers use the "totality of the circumstances" to determine whether a violation needs to be penalized.

3. More coves can now become No-Wake Coves... at least for the largest boats. Formerly, coves up to 400 feet at the mouth (entrance) could be designated "No Wake" by the Missouri State Highway Patrol/Water Patrol. But HB 2116 changed that. Now coves up to 800 feet wide at the mouth can be designated "No Wake." But this new class of coves—between 400 and 800 feet at the mouth—can only be "No Wake" for the largest boats: those 40 feet and longer. That special designation/specification will be displayed on No Wake buoys at the entrance of coves.

The Patrol already has the prerogative to set No Wake coves ad hoc (within the parameters of the law), but it also accepts applications from cove residents who want wakes banned in their entire cove. Seventy-five percent of property owners in the cove have to sign the petition, and the Patrol still has the option of rejecting it, after weighing the situation and holding a hearing. In 2016, Miller Hollow Cove—known as "Redhead Cove," since it's home to the popular Redhead Yacht Club/Redhead's Lakeside Grill/Performance Boat Center—became a No Wake cove, after property owners successfully petitioned the Patrol for the change.

https://www.lakeexpo.com/boating/boat_safety/what-boaters-need-to-know-about-missouri-s-new-boat/article_593ba520-6902-11e8-8041-cfe43f546d7b.html

• 2 weeks later...

😎

100_1528.JPG

Improper Speed or Distance A proper speed or distance must be maintained while operating a motorboat or PWC or while towing a person on water skis or any similar device. Specifically, it is illegal to: ■ Operate a motorboat or PWC at speeds that may cause danger, injury, damage, or unnecessary inconvenience. Be aware of and obey all regulatory markers, including those marked as “idle speed” or “no wake.” ■ Operate a vessel at a speed in excess of “slow, no wake speed” within 100 feet of any emergency vessel that has red or blue emergency lights displayed. ■ Operate a motorboat or PWC at speeds greater than “idle speed” or “slow, no wake speed” within 100 feet of: • A dock or pier • An occupied, anchored vessel • A buoyed restricted area

“Idle Speed” or “Slow, No Wake Speed” When you see these buoys or signs, they indicate a boating restricted area established to protect the safety of the public and property. In these areas, a vessel may not proceed at a speed greater than necessary to maintain steering.

https://www.boat-ed.com/assets/pdf/handbook/mo_handbook_entire.pdf

With that sign connected to your post, im assuming your referencing rules from Florida, or another tidal state. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Gotcha. Thought maybe you found Manatee here and was holding out sharing the info. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the OP, I said, " I'm not the only lake resident that feels this way, . . . "

Now there's a new No Wake buoy splitting the difference between our dock and the one across the cove, so I guess the folks in that dock were annoyed by disrespectful tournament fishermen, too.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 5:10 PM, TableRockBoater said:
Regulations happen when people won't regulate themselves. 

- - - - - -

The new Missouri Boat Wake Law changed three major things, effective Aug. 28, 2018. (Here's a link to the full text of HB 2116, if you'd rather comb through the legal jargon.)

1. Boat wake violators can be charged a $25 fine. That means wakes are treated more like traffic tickets, rather than a violation that requires a court date. State Rep. David Wood, who represents some of the Lake of the Ozarks area and pushed for the passage of HB 2116, said he hopes that $25 fine will encourage Missouri State Highway Patrol/Water Patrol troopers to actually enforce boat wake laws and cite violators. (Wondering what counts as a boat wake violation? See below!)

2. Boat owners can be fined for drivers' violations. The new law specifies that if the operator of the watercraft that violated a wake can not be identified, the owner of that watercraft can be subject to the fine. MSHP Marine Division Director Matt Walz explained that could apply in situations where a dock owner obtains the registration number of a boat that violated a no-wake area; a patrolman could then contact the boat operator or owner to discuss the issue. Walz explained the Patrol's goal is to educate boaters on minding their wake and boating safely; some situations call for a warning and a conversation, while other call for a citation, he said. Dock owners that have photo or video evidence of wake violations—or even if they need to report a violation using the boat's registration number—can contact the Patrol by dialing *55 or calling Troop F. Walz emphasized troopers use the "totality of the circumstances" to determine whether a violation needs to be penalized.

3. More coves can now become No-Wake Coves... at least for the largest boats. Formerly, coves up to 400 feet at the mouth (entrance) could be designated "No Wake" by the Missouri State Highway Patrol/Water Patrol. But HB 2116 changed that. Now coves up to 800 feet wide at the mouth can be designated "No Wake." But this new class of coves—between 400 and 800 feet at the mouth—can only be "No Wake" for the largest boats: those 40 feet and longer. That special designation/specification will be displayed on No Wake buoys at the entrance of coves.

The Patrol already has the prerogative to set No Wake coves ad hoc (within the parameters of the law), but it also accepts applications from cove residents who want wakes banned in their entire cove. Seventy-five percent of property owners in the cove have to sign the petition, and the Patrol still has the option of rejecting it, after weighing the situation and holding a hearing. In 2016, Miller Hollow Cove—known as "Redhead Cove," since it's home to the popular Redhead Yacht Club/Redhead's Lakeside Grill/Performance Boat Center—became a No Wake cove, after property owners successfully petitioned the Patrol for the change.

https://www.lakeexpo.com/boating/boat_safety/what-boaters-need-to-know-about-missouri-s-new-boat/article_593ba520-6902-11e8-8041-cfe43f546d7b.html

There is only ! thing about all these regulations. THEY HAVE TO BE ENFORCED. The Friday before memorial day I set on my deck and watched 4 patrol boats block the lake for a boater checks. They were there from about 9am till10:30 am at which time they went to the bar up  the cove. During that period they only pulled over wave runners and fishing boat plus one or two small run abouts They let every larger high priced boats blow right thru them. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who was up very high in the old water patrol that it looked like they were called off bothering the larger boats. He said they probably were. So that is where the problem is on any lake or stream. When they preform late night checks for BWI,drugs etc they report to the locale news how many they arrest or warn. The number is low it cannot be believed. It is usually a single digit. I know it must be higher than that. I watched Morgan county Sheriff conduct a stop on Hwy 5 one evening. They nearly filled a school bus with drunks before dark. Bet they could and should be doing that on the lakes and streams