• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw about 20 boats practicing between Kimberling City and Baxter yesterday. I talked to a few and ALL were very friendly! Most said they were struggling to catch quality fish. Good luck to all of them

And that folks is how good these MLF guys are.  Show up at a lake and catch 50 plus fish in a 6 hour period.  Don't you wish your vacation trips were like that!!!!!

Well I sure picked up some ideas from watching today, only watched about an hour total, but learned a few things.

Posted Images

• Members

Saturday before the storm I was fishing one of my favorite coves in the Baxter area and Andy Morgan was fishing next to me for awhile. He finished shotgun round in 3rd place and in a 15 minute window I watched him catch more fish than I caught in a few hours. There’s a reason these guys are the pros..

On 5/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, fishinwrench said:

I love the way the double fluke rig looks in the water, it gives me alot of confidence......But honestly I haven't had my day with it yet.   And it doesn't "pitch" well, which is something I have to do here around docks.

I've tried it a few times and I don't think I've ever caught a fish on the double fluke setup. I'm usually fishing around cover though so a single fluke and getting it in to nooks and cranny's pays off more so for me. Like you said, it looks great in the water though.

On May 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I saw a show years ago with Orlando Wilson about the fluke when it came out and he was showing the different ways to use them.  Caffeine shad are a way better bait.  I can skip a CS like flat rock.  

Best theme song ever for a fishing show to.    

Quantity of fish was impressive for what I followed of the event.  

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!