I Need to Bring a Net

Bushbeater

I have had several hybrids do the sandbagging trick to me, sometimes they are off like a shot from the hit other times you just think you have a decent white until it decides to head elsewhere.  Dang muskie are famous for that move, they will sort of lazily come up to the boat, wink at ya, and if they had fingers they would give you the bird and then away he goes, usually along with whatever lure it hit for me.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, MOPanfisher said:

I have had several hybrids do the sandbagging trick to me, sometimes they are off like a shot from the hit other times you just think you have a decent white until it decides to head elsewhere.  Dang muskie are famous for that move, they will sort of lazily come up to the boat, wink at ya, and if they had fingers they would give you the bird and then away he goes, usually along with whatever lure it hit for me.

I had a big one last fall come straight to the boat as i was reeling as fast as i could and it went straight under and kept going and i almost broke my rod before i could push it into the water down under the boat so that the drag could pull as it was flying away. It then came back towards the boat and wrapped around the trolling motor and broke off. All i could do was shake my head a laugh.

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bushbeater said:

Anyone else been catching Stripers? I've had 5 since 4th of July that I'm almost sure are pure Striper. Is there some sort of stocking program or could they just be mixed in with the Hybrids?

1212.jpg

1213.jpg

1214.jpg

Nice stripers! Congrats!

8 hours ago, Bushbeater said:

I've not cleaned any stripers yet, just hybrids and whites. The stripers seem to swim away healthy enough. The one today I worried about cause he floated for a bit, but then swam off apparently OK.

Nice; I have not either.  I want them to grow to striper size!

Mike