Who is ready?

Gavin

I got drawn for Grand Pass for the first time in like 8-9 years on 11/11/19. To bad that is Veterans Day and I am required to be at work on that day and cannot get out of it. Of course that would happen. Probably the only morning I absolutely cannot get out of work is the one day I get drawn in years. FML🤬😩😩

Lots of geese flying over the past few days.  Local ponds had mixed ducks scattered out on them today.  They are coming down.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

This coming weekend is gear and decoy weekend for my group. We work on and off on acquiring gear and getting it ready all summer. Its never done until we go to bed the night before opening day. I got drawn for Otter Slough middle of December. Looking forward to it.

Thousands of ducks in Clinton, MO area right now. All species. Seeing a bunch of high flying specks, cans and ducks while deer hunting in the mornings, too. I sure hope this snow storm we are having this week doesn't send the masses down South.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

On 10/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, slothman said:

I got drawn for Grand Pass for the first time in like 8-9 years on 11/11/19. To bad that is Veterans Day and I am required to be at work on that day and cannot get out of it. Of course that would happen. Probably the only morning I absolutely cannot get out of work is the one day I get drawn in years. FML🤬😩😩

A few  years back I got drawn for Pass on Thanksgiving, and Montrose on the day of one of my biggest meetings of the year.. Safe to say I didn't get to use either.

This year I'll be in Austin for my step sister's wedding... selfish of her, I know.

Half the time I hunt with guys who aren't the most experienced or don't have a ton of stuff. To make ease of setting up, and make sure I get help carrying everything I switched all of my decoys over to Texas rigs instead of wrapped up with strap weights.. Well still using the strap weights but they are now texas rigged and I can tell someone to just grab that group and toss where I tell you to toss. However making and crimping 4.5 dozen worth of dekes hasn't been fun. 

If you hunt all shallow water all the time then Texas Rigs are DEFINITELY the way to go! I switched almost all of mine to Texas rigs about 10 years ago and never looked back. I kept a few with long lines for when I hunt something a bit deeper. As Hunter91 said, the best part about the Texas rigs is not freezing your hands off while picking them up.