Is There Nothing That Can Be Done??

GENTLE

• Members

If they released from Beav and got it to normal and held it in TR, what would that do? Bring TR up 3-4ft? I think that would be a pretty minimal impact. At least have a little room in Beav. If we continually get these little rains every week, these lakes ain't gonna be going down any. Spring is just around the corner, gonna be interesting for sure. 

• Root Admin

They sucked about 8 feet of water out of Beaver the first of January, then got a 4-6 inch rain and back up it went.  Then they held it,  through more rains.  They've been trying to keep TR down but not Beaver.  Doesn't make sense to me but... it is the gov't.

They got 15k of water running by my place.  I'm thankful for that!  I just hoe they don't slow it down when TR gets close to 915 like they did before.  Keep it running!!!  Drop Beaver and get this water out of here.  Like you said, Spring is coming and the spring rains are already here.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

On 2/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, Quillback said:

Beaver over 1129 now, forecast calls for rain next week, how much I do not know, but it doesn't take much with this saturated ground to send Beaver up over 1130, and then they'll have to open the flood gates.   Why not at least run full generation, get that green electricity?   

Whenever they can't, or won't, openly answer a basic question like that..... doesn't it make you ponder crazy conspiratorial things?    It does me.  

There should be a simple explanation that everyone can easily understand.  But they'd rather keep everyone confused and thinking that their job is so VERY complicated that you can't possibly grasp it.   🙄 

Sure seems to me that they are tempting fate.  

Yeah Wrench it does make a person wonder what the heck is going on.  

I did look at how much power Beaver generates at the max, and it looks to be close to 60 MWH.  I compared that to the Dalles dam on the Columbia river, that dam can generate 2,000 MWH, so in comparison Beaver is pretty small when it comes to power generation.  

I think power generation is secondary to water depth at NOLA. It is never about upstream conditions unless the dam is in danger, there are flow gages on every major stream and the combined info gives a good guess of flooding levels at all downstream locations.  Hundreds of thousands of miles of streams all feeding the mouth of the Mississippi. 

Table Rock has more drainage area  than Beaver, including all of Beaver, so it stands to rise faster if extraordinary rain occurs; in the case that only Beaver drainage is rained on there is always the chance to dump water.  

But a conspiracy does have more excitement. So, who is benefiting from all this water mismanagement enough to make bribery worth while?  I can't think of any way that anyone could make money from higher lake levels, unless that leads to eventual dam failure and devastating flooding, I can see millions of millions of $$ in construction and cleanup in that case. Is that what we think is being set up? 

25 minutes ago, tjm said:

But a conspiracy does have more excitement. So, who is benefiting from all this water mismanagement enough to make bribery worth while?  I can't think of any way that anyone could make money from higher lake levels, unless that leads to eventual dam failure and devastating flooding, I can see millions of millions of $$ in construction and cleanup in that case. Is that what we think is being set up? 

No, what I truly think is going on....is that a new generation of leaders are in charge now, with "fresh ideas", and they are flexing their "We are going do things differently now" muscles.

Because that's exactly what has been going on at Ameren over the last 6 years.  

But everyone says Noooo that's not it.....so NOW the only other reasonable explanation is the conspiracy thing.  

1 minute ago, tjm said:

Does the Corp have any/much control over what Ameren does with that private lake on a day to day basis?

Ameren claims that ACOE has no effect on them.  And ACOE claims that Bagnell has no effect on what they do.   But when you call the Bagnell hotline they often say "We are working with the ACOE to.... blah blah blah" 

And when the ACOE had their meltdown meeting last year they clearly said that they couldn't release water because Lake O couldn't take it (and LO was 2.6ft BELOW full pool at the time).  

None of their rhetoric is consistent, or makes any sense to me.  

13 minutes ago, tjm said:

Maybe a better question, if someone at Ameren is on the take to mismanage the water and generation, how does that relate to Beaver or the other ACOE lakes? Are we looking at multiple conspiracies?

The only thing that has changed from years past, when they operated in a fashion that made sense, is that new guidelines were put in place by the government in relation to big river levels. So the ACOE seems to be operating at the extreme of those guidelines so that if/when water conditions get out of control they can blame those new guidelines (that they aren't even following properly).   

It's like they want things to go haywire so they can say "There ya go, now look what YOU did!"

They wanna stir up a political FUBAR