Fishing Minnesota?

Ffer

• Members

This is a little late but I do not think Canada will be open for your trip.  I also have some doubts about the Boundary Waters on the American side, which offers great smalllie fishing.  Anyway,  some additional options:  Sylvania Wilderness in Michigan UP,  Big Fork River in MN,  Little Fork River, MN (the LF muddies up worse than the big fork).  Gunflint Lodge on Gunflint trail near Grand Marais MN,  Chemaugon Bay near Bayfield, WI.  This is on Lake Superior and likely open.  I should note that water up north has been cold. Bass Fishing up north may be slow until first week of June, maybe later.  I have a cabin in N. Wisconsin and have fished all over the upper Midwest and Canada.  Feel free to ask questions.  

• Members

Mark, you are making the right decision for now. MN has a lot of good smallmouth fishing spots and so does Canada, but until the covid issue is better resolved you are unlikely to find the mind of amenities you are used to or prefer. I have already had to cancel 3 fishing trips I had planned this spring and summer and what a bummer.  I hope you get to wet your line and catch a lot of fish this summer. And I also agree that have a few brews afterwards is essential.  

Agree, at first I was hoping by June 1st, then July, now I'm starting to doubt all summer for a vacation. Not just for my own personal safety, just the idea of everyone being on covid alert everywhere I go. 

• Members

The latest is that Canada is talking to US to extend the border crossing ban until June 21? looks to be a go. Oh well, next year we'll take care of those smallies.

• Members

South Dakota is open and has great smallie fishing in the lakes around Watertown.  Lake Oahe and Sharpe are also very good for big water fishing.  All you have to do is find rocks.  The locals throw them the banks..  There is fishing to be had cheaply and fun.  All ready been this spring and going next week.

10 hours ago, watermen2 said:

South Dakota is open and has great smallie fishing in the lakes around Watertown.  Lake Oahe and Sharpe are also very good for big water fishing.  All you have to do is find rocks.  The locals throw them the banks..  There is fishing to be had cheaply and fun.  All ready been this spring and going next week.

Where and where?