We waited until late afternoon on 4/25 due to the big winds. Fished a couple of hours and picked up three keepers bottom bouncing slow death rigs in 16-19'. Two were on a secondary point in calmer water and one on a main lake point in the wind Big Sac arm of the lake.

WM

20200425_180311.jpg

• Members

Congratulations!  I haven't gotten to fish for walleye at Stockton yet this year.  I was planning on going today, but the water report and boat traffic report made me change my mind and I went crappie fishing at the Muddy Mississippi, I am mean Pomme de Terre.  We caught a few, but nothing like last week. 

7 hours ago, Heretolearn said:

Congratulations!  I haven't gotten to fish for walleye at Stockton yet this year.  I was planning on going today, but the water report and boat traffic report made me change my mind and I went crappie fishing at the Muddy Mississippi, I am mean Pomme de Terre.  We caught a few, but nothing like last week. 

Thanks, Saturday was the first walleye fishing I've had a chance to do also. I didn't mention, I did put in yesterday for a couple of hours before we loaded up to head home. For whatever reason I fished a totally different area and got skunked. I saw lmtout heading across the lake. After reading his report, I shoulda followed him! Lol!

WM

Bottom bounced w slow death in 12 ft  to 16 ft of water. We managed to keep 7 in two days. First fish of the trip was a 22" and the next pass lost another the same size right at the boat. The rest were 16". Now to the crappie, caught them from 8 ft to 25 ft , one here one there but the size was great. Cant wait for the fish fry. Very slow retrieve. Once again the A-10 put a show on for us.